RANDOM thought for the day.

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Postby Inga » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:57 am

aye, that's the stuff. nice one jo. :)
Inga
Admin

Postby yat_chum » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:32 pm

Never eat more than you can lift.

Miss Piggy
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Dvivid » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:13 am

You are never at any time in your life more than 6 feet away from a spider.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby yat_chum » Thu May 17, 2007 7:33 pm

I am not a Doctor.
yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Yatish Parmar » Fri May 18, 2007 2:44 pm

Cats.

I swear down.
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby Inga » Sat May 19, 2007 7:13 am

Cats!

Down, swear I.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby Dvivid » Mon May 21, 2007 7:47 am

If you have change in your pocket, you are wealthy by Earth standards. Two thirds of the Earth's population has dirt-floor shelter and no money.

You would also be the richest person on the moon.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

Dvivid
Forum God

Postby yat_chum » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:06 am

yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Dvivid » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:48 am

Dvivid
Forum God

Postby yat_chum » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:33 am

Wherever you go you can always talk about the British weather.
yijing zhidong

yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Inga » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:36 am

Wherever you go in Britain you can always carry a brolly.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby Tarandus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:19 am

'Take on the other hand, the peasant serf, such as he, I might say, until yesterday existed in the whole of Eastern Europe. This peasant worked, for example, three days for himself on his own field or the field allotted to him, and the three subsequent days he performed compulsory and gratuitous labour on the estate of his lord. Here, then, the paid and unpaid parts of labour were sensibly separated, separated in time and space; and our Liberals overflowed with moral indignation at the preposterous notion of making a man work for nothing.

In point of fact, however, whether a man works three days of the week for himself on his own field and three days for nothing on the estate of his lord, or whether he works in a factory or the workshop six hours daily for himself and six for his employer, comes to the same, although in the latter case the paid and unpaid portions of labour are inseparably mixed up with each other, and the nature of the whole transaction is completely masked by the intervention of a contract and the pay received at the end of the week. The gratuitous labour appears to be voluntarily given in the one instance, and to be compulsory in the other ..... '

Karl Marx, Wages, Price and Profit.
'Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions. Live the questions now. You will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.' Rainer Maria Rilke.
Tarandus
Forum Guru

NWO

Postby Dvivid » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:58 pm

Paul Craig Roberts, a former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury during the Reagan administration, believes the Bush/Cheney preparing to "STAGE A NEW 9/11" and that a recent executive order is designed to capitalize on such an attack, specifically to impose Martial Law and Invade Iran.

Then Syria. Then Venezuela. Watch.

More?
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

...thinking randomly...
Last edited by Dvivid on Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Yatish Parmar » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:21 am

Even in an emergency, avoid boil in the bag food.

It is better to go hungry than eat that dren.
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby angryboy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:33 am

Hello,

one friend of my has adviced me to read the books of Louise Hay about positive thinking. I think for such healing is high concentration is necesary? It is like knife in butter!? 8) :shock:

Louise Hay – Emotional Sources of Back Pain

Louise Hay, the original pioneer in the field of relating physical symptoms to emotional roots, has been known to attribute back pain to a feeling of being unsupported in life. Different parts of the back lend slightly different emphasis.

Healing the relevant emotional issue will usually heal the physical concern. Bear in mind that this approach deals with feelings, not the actuality of support or lack of support.

According to Louise Hay:

Lower back pain generally signifies fear of money and lack of financial support.
Middle back pain is often symptomatic of guilt, feeling “stuck in all that stuff back there” or a person feels pressured and wishes they could tell someone to “get off of my back.”
Upper back pain often indicates lack of emotional support, feeling unloved, and/or holding back love. (1)
Louise Hay’s affirmations for healing back pain:

Life supports me. I trust the universe. I freely give love and trust.
Lower back: I trust the process of life. All I need is always taken care of. I am safe.
Mid back: I release the past. I am free to move forward with love in my heart.
Upper back: I love and approve of myself. Life supports and loves me. (1)
:P :lol:

http://naturalmedicine.suite101.com/art ... /back_pain

http://naturalmedicine.suite101.com/art ... cal_health
looking for something, that i don't know ald looking for my errors in past. thanks for corrections!
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby Tarandus » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:22 pm

I am tired of meeting 'vegetarians' who confess to eating fish. I presume these persons regard fish as sentient vegetables; which is as absurd of course, as regarding vegetables as non-sentient fish ...
Regards, T.
'Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions. Live the questions now. You will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.' Rainer Maria Rilke.
Tarandus
Forum Guru

Postby Inga » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:03 am

My diet for many years was "vegetarian" and I ate fish. I did not see fish as "sentient vegetables". One veggie I knew ate mostly grains, beans and vegetables but added fish as he saw unfarmed fish as a healthy renewable resource which was high reward for little labour. He saw the methods of animal keeping and slaughtering as a poor product for the labour, materials and time involved..especially with the overuse of antibiotics and hormones. He was not a sentimentalist at all, just wanted a healthy, efficient diet. I have known vegetarians with high moral outrage for animals, to the point of watching what materials their clothes and household products were made of. They would even avoid cheese as rennit is made from the internal organs of animals. I was a vegetarian for the simple fact of being a fussy eater, and it was easier to cut all meat out rather than explain that I would eat some types but not others. My father's cousin has to eat a macrobiotic diet which is pretty much meat free as he has a serious heart complaint. People have a variety of reasons for the ways they adapt their diet, from medical issues, to moral ones and all the shades in between. I don't think you can generalise on this one.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby joeblast » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:33 am

I just try not to eat much of animals that are larger than I. Chicken, fish, turkey, stuff like that, I love. Beef...I love the taste, but digestion ends up getting to me if I have it too often. I avoid stuff like pepperoni or sausage at all costs....my guts dont like digesting other guts!
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Tarandus » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Inga: these so-called 'vegetarians' who confess also to eating fish usually in conversation declare themselves to be 'vegetarians' but then add with a self-exculpatory chuckle that is deliberately designed to be charming or disarming, that they also eat fish. Well, in my view, and I always say so, in that case they are not vegetarians, for the reason given above, that a fish is NOT a sentient vegetable. Such persons in my experience often like to portray themselves as having an 'ethical' diet and less often a merely healthy one but I find that the term 'vegetarian' in these cases is a misnomer if not actually an abuse of the English language. Scientists have proved in a number of repulsive and utterly gratuitous experiments that fish actually do feel pain. Some so-called 'vegetarians' who are such for self-avowed 'ethical' reasons but who nevertheless eat fish justify their position even when aware that fish feel pain, on the basis that fish are nor 'furry' or 'not so like us as mammals are'. This is pure speciesism or even genus-ism. The philospher Peter Singer has some interesting arguments on this subject. He points out that for instance, none of us would dream of eating a fellow human being who was severely mentally handicapped. Yet many of us would happily eat a goat or sheep which nevertheless is more intelligent than a human born with such a handicap. But the moral justification for eating animals is often that we have a 'right' to do so because they are 'less intelligent'. As Singer points out, however, if you would not also eat a severely mentally handicapped human being on the same reasoning, eating animal flesh alone but not human flesh, is pure 'speciesism' - an example therefore, of arbritrary discrimination no less glaring than racisim. Kind regards, T.
Tarandus
Forum Guru

Postby Inga » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:25 am

Tarandus,

There are also people who believe that plants & vegetables feel pain.

http://www.vegetablecruelty.com/about/

I don't object to your beliefs, I was just pointing out that people see and experience things differently. Yours is not the only way. You feel your way is the best way for you. I feel that I am the best way for me. The problem arises when someone wants everyone to follow their way at any cost. Talking about "your way" is important, enlightening, and can lead to exciting discoveries. This is really the difference between us as humans and the other species on our planet, the size of our brains has lead us to think beyond the basics of survival and procreation to deeper and more comprehesive issues. We can influence and change each other for the better - I grant sometimes for the worse as well, but, for the yin there is the yang. Growth and maturity can arrive via a variety of paths. Yes we are still violent and cruel, but are we not also capable of kindness, mercy and benevolance, attributes that do not apply in the animal kingdom. Just food for thought. Peace, Inga
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat