Clothes?

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Just curious to know does your Martial art practice have an effect on the clothes that you buy and wear?

yes
86%
no
14%

Total votes : 7

Clothes?

Postby yat_chum » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:00 am

Just curious to know does your Martial art practice have an effect on the clothes that you buy and wear?
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Yatish Parmar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:08 pm

I am sure all of us sling a few kicks and do a quick si lieu bu to deng san bu or two in the changing rooms!
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby darth_freak » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:33 pm

and fu hu bu and elbow strikes :roll: 8)
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Ralteria » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:06 am

It goes both ways for me. I try to buy comfortable, breathable clothing but thats not always possible. However I do train in my normal clothes, train in my work boots, sneakers, barefoot etc. So if my clothes aren't comfortable, I'm at least comfortable in my clothes.
Caution...Wisdom may cause bruising.
Ralteria
Forum Addict

Postby Inga » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:35 pm

If you mean street clothes, the answer for me is no, not really. It does not cross my mind how high I might be able to kick in a pair of jeans or a skirt, if I needed kung fu. This is because I would not have time to stretch out to kick high, also, tis an impractical option for me (I should kick low, at knees, shins or groin). Our sparring classes have cycles to them, and we had a few months of sparring in street clothes this summer. I must say that nothing I wore hampered me, other than stretching out was sometimes awkward and I felt a lot more sweaty than usual. Our instructor has pointed out that anything can be a weapon or a blocking aid in a clinch, including a handbag, belt or heeled shoe (I wear heeled boots) so really, nothing should hold you back from defending yourself.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Return to General Chat