What is your "morning poison"?

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

What is your "morning poison"?

Postby Majd » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:08 am

So what is that one thing that you MUST DRINK that get's you going in the morning?
I always feel very very sad and bored after I wake up (I always have to wake up at 5 o'clock) but after drinking a big cup of coffee I always feel better. I don't know why but the first smell that comes in my mind after I wake up is the smell of the coffee. :P
Majd
Forum User

Postby seeker279 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:42 am

hey majd,

My "mornig poison" is tea. I would recommend that you try just a little bit of tea instead of coffee because it has much more health benefits. Depending on the type of tea it can have just as much caffine as coffee, mostly black teas have that much caffine but it doesn't make me hyper like coffee does lol. Other types of tea contains antioxidants and other things that keep your health and vitality up. One of my favorite teas is Dragonwell green tea that keeps me going all day and has been proven to promote mental alert and focus. Hope my reply was helpful :)
Within the Tao, All Things are Possible.
seeker279
Forum Newbie

Postby Dvivid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:01 am

I am also a coffee achiever, though I know better. I call it a mood enhancer.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Inga » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:37 am

TEA
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby yat_chum » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:01 am

No poison for me just water.
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby Yatish Parmar » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:08 am

Freshly squeezed orange juice

(yes I MAKE time)
Yatish
Yatish Parmar
Forum Guru

Postby Inga » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 am

hrm, combining finger strengthening exercises and breakfast? Who says guys can't multitask. Nice work Parmar.
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Postby bandler » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 am

i have been recently drinking raspberry and ginseng tea, i was surprised how nice it is for a flavoured tea
bandler
Forum Newbie

Postby internalfist » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:21 pm

@ Parmar, Awesome :D

@ Inga, Thats what I'm talking about!

I myself wake up stretch/yoga go outside do my wonderfull self cultivation, and after about 30min to an hour I have a wonderfull glass of tea. TEA TEA TEA! Love it, I take advantage of the caffinated teas earlier in the day, and caffine free teas in the evening time, and always a cup a short bit before my slumber :)

P.S. PINE TEA, is incredible incredible stuff and AMAZINGLY healthy for you. Simply get some pine needles boil up some water and boda boom boda bing some delicious 'n nutricious pine tea. Might make a post abit on it, I highly recomend it. Please don't be a douche and take to much pine needles from the tree though!!!!!!!
internalfist
Forum Contributor

Re: What is your "morning poison"?

Postby Windrider » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:29 pm

My morning joy is BLACK English tea, steeped all night and then served with a little cream and Scotch for taste. Best ever!
Windrider
Forum Regular

Re: What is your "morning poison"?

Postby Josh Young » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:14 am

i'm working on decreasing my coffee intake, this morning i am drinking a tea made of Rhodiola, Maca with some honey and vanilla to taste! it is great
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Return to General Chat