Chinese language courses

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Chinese language courses

Postby ride57 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:57 am

Can anyone recommend a good language course for Chinese? I had access to Rosetta Stone through the army (no cost) (I work for the dept of Army) but they just cancelled that program :(

thanks

Doug
ride57
Forum User

Chinese course

Postby vvanesse59 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:07 pm

I am learning through "Rocket Chinese" they are a lot more reasonable in cost than Rosetta and I think you would really do well with them... especially since you have already had some earlier. (They offer a free six day trial course) It is a podcast type of lesson but they do have additional lessons about the culture, etc. And each of the mp3 lessons are accompanied by a transcript of the discussion in Pinyin and Characters. Check it out.... Oh and I have recently bought a Pimsleur set of 8 cds that I like real well. Provides pronunciation and lots of repetition. No paper work to read or work from though. At least the set that I have doesnt have paperwork so it is listen to how it sounds and repeat it. I know Rosetta has pictures with the spoken but it just cost to much for me. Good luck
vvanesse59
Forum Contributor

Postby ride57 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Ouch! I looked at rocket Chinese.more than i can afford now.I think I will just get a berlitz one. thanks

Doug
ride57
Forum User

Re: Chinese language courses

Postby chingchueh » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:56 pm

there might be stuff @ the library you can see what it is before you waste money on the wrong thing
chingchueh
Forum Newbie

Return to General Chat