just saw episode 3

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Postby John Noonan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:19 pm

The ultimate expression of suffering over how much I didn't like this movie.

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/dart ... rth-no.wav

actually, it's what could be heard for miles when James Earl Jones read the script to episode 3...
Fighting Style: The One Style, to rule them all

Frodo: The letters, it's some form of subtitle.
Gandalf: It is the language of Miramax, a dubbing that I will not utter here.
Frodo: Miramax!
-Quote from Crouching Smeagol, Hidden Gollum
John Noonan
Forum Guru

Postby jon2658 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:45 am

i think you americans are taking this way too seriously! i dont recall ever watching any star wars movie under the pretence that i was gonna see some class-A acting! it has light sabers, jedis, wookies, and the dark side! who cares bout anything else!
jon2658
Forum User

Postby darth_freak » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:04 am

nop. the original trilogy really kick bottom and bring you into a world. I've seen it maybe half a hundred times...and never I thought "mwarf, GL could have made that or this better". I have to see the ep I again but I know that in the 2 and 3 there are some passage that are quite lame.
For instance in the AOTC, when the two larvas get into Padem's room, Obi and Ani come in, clean up the mess etc. And when the security officer follows Padme's servant who ask her "are you all right my lady" the guy JUST STAND THERE! he ran and then he's like "'attention on deck!'" (I mean when a superior officer comes into a room, the soldiers stand upright and stuff).
well that is useless...either he's not here, either he does something, look worried or whatever!

about RotS, I find it looks like tragical play...something in 5 parts with upperclass people who get disapointed or die. Like the Yoda/Sidious fight...it's quite theatrical.
And another thing (from am artial point of view :-p) see the final fight with Obi and Ani...there're some moves that are useless. He waves his lightsaber and Obi blocks a strike that would not even touch him.

I really think it could have been much better so when I watch it, I remake it in my mind, thinking that actually this or that took actually more time in the story, that Ani got darkened less rapidly etc.

(I hope my sentences make sens, if not tell! :oops: )
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Previous

Return to General Chat