YMAA Iron Palm?

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Postby DOM » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:10 am

So what are some of the internal palm methodes?or were can I find this info.I do not have a Sifu.It is hard to find one with high skills and this knowlage,I can not and will not just train with any one who calles them selves a Sifu or master.So I learn all I can from Masterers like Dr.Yang.Threw seminars and study material intill the day comes I have the oppertunity to study directly under some one like Dr.Yang.I train alot of Ymaa material but I will not kid my self.I know I am not conciderd a real student or he my Sifu.I also know it would never be possable to become one of his decipals..So for now I learn what I can from those willing to share.And as right now Dr.Yang dose not want to share his knowlage of iron palm.At least to outsiders anyway.And thats fine,cause he has shared a vast amount that others had once kept secret.So why don't you share some of what you seem to know!
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby How Ming » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:25 pm

DOM wrote:So what are some of the internal palm methodes?or were can I find this info.I do not have a Sifu.It is hard to find one with high skills and this knowlage,I can not and will not just train with any one who calles them selves a Sifu or master.So I learn all I can from Masterers like Dr.Yang.Threw seminars and study material intill the day comes I have the oppertunity to study directly under some one like Dr.Yang.I train alot of Ymaa material but I will not kid my self.I know I am not conciderd a real student or he my Sifu.I also know it would never be possable to become one of his decipals..So for now I learn what I can from those willing to share.And as right now Dr.Yang dose not want to share his knowlage of iron palm.At least to outsiders anyway.And thats fine,cause he has shared a vast amount that others had once kept secret.So why don't you share some of what you seem to know!

From your previous post you said and claimed the following:
DOM wrote:....Infertility and impotence are nothing compaired to this.Is it intirley safe,is any martial art!Dr.yang said there were 10 levels of white crane iron palm and the first few were pretty safe to do.From what I can tell there are only three that wing lam teaches.I did hear that there were more levels but he dose not teach them.

DOM wrote:So why don't you share some of what you seem to know!

DOM wrote:....I do not have a Sifu.It is hard to find one with high skills and this knowlage,I can not and will not just train with any one who calles them selves a Sifu or master..... I am not conciderd a real student or he my Sifu.....

I guess that unfortunate. Maybe if you show more respect then he would teach you.
Last edited by How Ming on Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How Ming
Forum Addict

Postby DOM » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:50 pm

what are you talking about,show more respect maybe he will show you,as far as I know he shows nobody.Yes in a sence he is my teacher and I have great repected and admeration for him.I have gained great knowlage and wisdom from him.But this is out there for any one who wishes to listen go to his seminars,read his books and buys his videos.I am just a seeker of martial knowlage.I have no grand ideas that I am or ever will be a special student of his.I am just a nother guy who shows up at some of his seminars and trains like mad.He comes a cross hundred if not thousands of peaple a year just like me.Is he every ones Sifu?I think not.So again what are you talking about?
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby How Ming » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:03 pm

DOM wrote:...I can not and will not just train with any one who calles them selves a Sifu or master .....

"...I cannot or will not train anyone who CALL THEMSELVES a sifu or Master."
(some spelling typos corrected by me)

Thats what you wrote.
Last edited by How Ming on Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How Ming
Forum Addict

Postby DOM » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:26 pm

what are you another one of these grammer freekes,a school teacher right.Do you realy think because some one has bad grammer that they are not a martial artist and have little to share.Think again,wile your correcting others grammer I am training. By the way who is your Sifu what style do your train and for how long.P.s how old are you anyway your not another one of these kids I have been debating with who have less time on earth than I have been training,are you?
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby How Ming » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:29 pm

DOM wrote:what are you another one of these grammer freekes,a school teacher right.Do you realy think because some one has bad grammer that they are not a martial artist and have little to share.Think again,wile your correcting others grammer I am training. By the way who is your Sifu what style do your train and for how long.P.s how old are you anyway your not another one of these kids I have been debating with who have less time on earth than I have been training,are you?

I felt obligated to make note of any changes made to your qoute.
It has nothing to do with grammer (not an attack on your grammer). Its the content of what you wrote.
How Ming
Forum Addict

Postby qwackdragon » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:51 pm

Please, this can goon forever.. with all respect to both How Ming and Dom.

When i read what Dom wrote i did not percieve any disrespect toward Dr Yang or anyone else. After How Mings coment i went back and re read the whol thread and saw how How Miong might have percived this.

The ineternet is not alwasy the best way to get across ideas. befor assuming something just ask for clarification or try rewriting what somone has misunderstod.

out of the thousands of people out there who read this someone will not quite get what im trying to say due to my writihg style or grammer., ... ..

ok now,,, back to your corners :lol:
life is a qumquat
qwackdragon
Forum Contributor

Postby How Ming » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:09 pm

Let us both consider this 'water under the bridge' Dom. We start fresh again.

Peace
How Ming
Forum Addict

Postby DOM » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:28 pm

I realy do not understand what you are trying to get at how ming.I also do not see how you could have mistaken what I said to be disrespectfull in anyway.So again what is your problem,and why are you avoiding my qestions.So tell us who is you Sifu and how long Have you studied?
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby DOM » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:37 pm

no way water under the bridge.You have chalanged my charactor and morality by saying I desrespected Dr.Yang.I did no such thing.
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby How Ming » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:42 pm

DOM wrote:I realy do not understand what you are trying to get at how ming.I also do not see how you could have mistaken what I said to be disrespectfull in anyway.So again what is your problem,and why are you avoiding my qestions.So tell us who is you Sifu and how long Have you studied?

DOM wrote:So why don't you share some of what you seem to know!

"seem to know!"

Thats exactly is the problem. You are being disrespectful and being a smart bottom. What business is it yours to know what I do in my private life.
Last edited by How Ming on Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How Ming
Forum Addict

Postby How Ming » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:45 pm

DOM wrote:no way water under the bridge.You have chalanged my charactor and morality by saying I desrespected Dr.Yang.I did no such thing.

You already claimed "...I cannot or will not train anyone who CALL THEMSELVES a sifu or Master." So what conclusion can one be drawn from such a comment. I personally have no problems training under someone who calls themselves a sifu/Master.

*No one can say I didnt attempt to resolve the conflict and let it slide.
How Ming
Forum Addict

Postby scramasax57 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:54 pm

the difference here is master yang doesn't call himself sifu. he rarely even refers to himself as master, usually using "doctor" instead. DOM was referring to people who call themselves sifu without having really earned it. one of the ways master yang showed himself worthy of the title is by NOT referring to himself that way, but instead allowing us to call him that if we wish.

so DOM i think you were making a valid point, but this is probably a good time to calm down. this is the internet, there's really no point in "calling people out". i personally have no problem sharing my level of experience with everyone; it's right in my signature. even though some people have pretended that my age was more important than how many years i've spent training, i don't mind being honest and open about it. but some people don't feel the same way, and would rather not share their background. if you find this a reason to distrust them, that's fine. i take everything i read online with a grain of salt, because it's easy for people to pretend to be what they are not. so if you feel someone is not trustworthy, just stop reading their posts. there's no need to start a fight about it, because it won't accomplish anything.
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby DOM » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:59 pm

You are right sram that is exactly what I ment.First of all how ming you were the one with smart bottom remarks my first post to you were pretty nice and sincer intill you got so defencive and rude.How ming you made it sound like I was being disrespectfull of Dr.Yang when I was not.Just because you felt I disrespected you.I ment no disrespect only wanted to know were and how you attained you knowlage and exsperiance.And was sincer about wanting to know about internal training for iron palm.To many peaple just resite what they hear and you sounded like you had first hand knowlage.Infact you seem to know quit alot.So ya I am calling here out on here exsperiance and knowlage so what.If you have such knowlage and exsperiance prove it speek up and share,who is your sifu how long have you trained and what kind of training have you done?
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby How Ming » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:43 am

scramasax57 wrote:the difference here is master yang doesn't call himself sifu. he rarely even refers to himself as master, usually using "doctor" instead. DOM was referring to people who call themselves sifu without having really earned it. one of the ways master yang showed himself worthy of the title is by NOT referring to himself that way, but instead allowing us to call him that if we wish.

so DOM i think you were making a valid point, but this is probably a good time to calm down. this is the internet, there's really no point in "calling people out". i personally have no problem sharing my level of experience with everyone; it's right in my signature. even though some people have pretended that my age was more important than how many years i've spent training, i don't mind being honest and open about it. but some people don't feel the same way, and would rather not share their background. if you find this a reason to distrust them, that's fine. i take everything i read online with a grain of salt, because it's easy for people to pretend to be what they are not. so if you feel someone is not trustworthy, just stop reading their posts. there's no need to start a fight about it, because it won't accomplish anything.

Maybe Dr. Yang Jwing Ming doesnt refer to him as a sifu (thats his preferance) Master Shou Yu Liang does. (The term "Dr." is also a title and is earned with hard work in a University no doubt). Is some how Master Shou Yu Liang is less of an instructor because he refers himself as a Master? (rhetorical)
(I have no problem training under someone who refers to himself as "Dr." either.)
They are both accomplish martial artists and great people.
Last edited by How Ming on Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
How Ming
Forum Addict

Postby How Ming » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:51 am

DOM wrote:You are right sram that is exactly what I ment.First of all how ming you were the one with smart bottom remarks my first post to you were pretty nice and sincer intill you got so defencive and rude.How ming you made it sound like I was being disrespectfull of Dr.Yang when I was not.Just because you felt I disrespected you.I ment no disrespect only wanted to know were and how you attained you knowlage and exsperiance.And was sincer about wanting to know about internal training for iron palm.To many peaple just resite what they hear and you sounded like you had first hand knowlage.Infact you seem to know quit alot.So ya I am calling here out on here exsperiance and knowlage so what.If you have such knowlage and exsperiance prove it speek up and share,who is your sifu how long have you trained and what kind of training have you done?

DOM wrote:....Is it intirley safe,is any martial art! .......

DOM wrote:....So why don't you share some of what you seem to know!
It was because you said this in such a manner.
"...SEEM to know! " (also with the "!" empahsize) (hostile & sarcastic)

DOM wrote:So ya I am calling here out on here exsperiance and knowlage so what.If you have such knowlage and exsperiance prove it speek up and share,who is your sifu how long have you trained and what kind of training have you done?

There is a respectful way of asking things and disrespectful way of asking things. And right attitude. Also when I did offer a peaceful resolution you rejected it. If you make peace I'm fine with it.
Last edited by How Ming on Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
How Ming
Forum Addict

Postby Inga » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:40 am

How Ming and DOM, please stop quarrelling. on two threads. peace.
Inga
Admin

Postby How Ming » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:43 am

For the record I did offer a peaceful resolution.
On the other thread it was just a misunderstanding.

Peace and good tiding to you sir.
Last edited by How Ming on Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
How Ming
Forum Addict

Who is your teacher and how long have you trained?

Postby gmc » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:47 am

Dom brings out a valid question How Ming, e.g. How Long have you trained and who is your teacher? What's the big deal? I wondered that too, since you stated "iron palm can make you impotent"--the most generalized, repeated, off-the-mark misconception. Usually those who say that, have never trained in iron palm. The problem is this: you are attemting to position yourself as an authority and making statements. If you don't tell your training experience most people will assume you don't have much.
I don't know you, but I do know Dom and have crossed hands and trained with him. I for one can definitely state that he is not an "Internet Warrior". So what's the big deal? What is there to be afraid of? If you are a teenager, that's okay. If you only have 2 or 3 years of training, that's okay. People will still respect you for trying.
gmc
Forum Regular

Re: Who is your teacher and how long have you trained?

Postby How Ming » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:55 am

gmc wrote:Dom brings out a valid question How Ming, e.g. How Long have you trained and who is your teacher? What's the big deal? I wondered that too, since you stated "iron palm can make you impotent"--the most generalized, repeated, off-the-mark misconception. Usually those who say that, have never trained in iron palm. The problem is this: you are attemting to position yourself as an authority and making statements. If you don't tell your training experience most people will assume you don't have much.
I don't know you, but I do know Dom and have crossed hands and trained with him. I for one can definitely state that he is not an "Internet Warrior". So what's the big deal? What is there to be afraid of? If you are a teenager, that's okay. If you only have 2 or 3 years of training, that's okay. People will still respect you for trying.

If you actual re-read what Dom stated:
DOM wrote:I find it ironic that so many are afraid of iron palm training but have no problem with certain kinds of gigung and the problems that can accure wile training it,like becomming paralized or even death.Infertility and impotence are nothing compaired to this.Is it intirley safe,is any martial art!...

"Is it intirley safe,is any martial art!..." This is a claim too. But I dont see you making a fuss over it gmc.

gmc wrote:Dom brings out a valid question How Ming, e.g. How Long have you trained and who is your teacher? What's the big deal?.

Because there is polite and respectful way of asking. Re-read what I wrote in the thread at the top.
I highly doubt if Dr. Yang Jwing Ming or Master Shou Yu Liang was on this board anyone will speak them in that manner. I guess you dont know enough about Chinese culture. You know if you ask a traditional teacher for special information he kick you out.
Lets say I've been in the martial arts for a couple of decades. Train by family members. That is all I'm going to share. If people dont want to believe what I said thats not my concern. They could leave it or take it.

Yes I dont know anything about martial arts. Infact I dont even know what kung fu means. Whats hei gong? Never heard of it. Never heard of hung gar or wing chun either. Never heard of iron palm befor. Must be a special tree or something that grows in Africa. I heard dim mak is a Chinese dish. And dragons are real too.
How Ming
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu