For anyone learning from a DVD

Discuss shaolin longfist, white crane or other styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

For anyone learning from a DVD

Postby kippo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:00 am

I know that having a direct feedback from a teacher is great but sometimes that's not possible. I would have like to know if there's some people out there like me who are trying to learn some form. Maybe we should put on this forum some videos of our forms and others may then post feedback on what's good and what's need to be worked. Maybe even some intructors would like to put their feedbacks.

Just an idea...

Last year I learned Shi zi tang sequence from the Intermediate DVD. And This summer I plan on learning Taizu changquan from the Advanced sequence DVD. I may put my Shi zi tang form soon to get some feedbacks from you if I'm not alone to do it!

The Taizu sequence is so fun to learn!
"The things you own ends up owning you"
-Tyler Durden-
kippo
Forum Regular

Re: For anyone learning from a DVD

Postby pete5770 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Good idea. Just be aware that some of the comments may not be to your liking, but if you have abit of "thick skin" I'm sure you'll be able to glean a tip or two that will help you out. Just remember that all that is said is not written in stone or even correct.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby wpgtaiji » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Don't listen to pete. He is a bad tap dancer masquerading as a "tai chi" person.
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby pete5770 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm

wpgtaiji wrote:Don't listen to pete. He is a bad tap dancer masquerading as a "tai chi" person.

I thought I was a bad ballet dancer.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Shaolin Gong Fu / Kung Fu