Tai Chi & Qigong

Discuss Taijiquan or other soft styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga, taiqiman

Re: Tai Chi & Qigong

Postby pete5770 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:32 pm

wpgtaiji wrote:
Brian wrote:Found this, publically available on YouTube...(could it be 'you know who'??)

http://www.youtube.com/user/wpgtaiji

Pure and utter rubbish that is... So many mistakes that it hurts my eyes... The dude can't even do Preparation correctly... sigh He is faking the "small frame"... he has broken his garden in Grasp Swallows Tail... butt is sticking out.. torso is not leaning forward... yin/yang changes are not there... the movement before An is incomplete.. the stance from Double Peng to An is incorrect.. no balance moving into single whip... shoulders are raised (almost by ears)... the fajing is put on (not correct)... move into shoulder press is incorrect.. head does not stay lateral to the ground.. another posting issue moving into brush knee... the brush knee sequence is just horrible... stance length is ridiculous... again, another fake into small frame.. torso leaning... sigh

overall a poor attempt to represent the Old Yang style. I hope that dude corrects those mistakes... oh right. Nevermind

So are you the one who posted it? Only reason I ask is that there wouldn't seem to be a lot of "wpgtaiji"s around. :?
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby wpgtaiji » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:15 pm

No idea
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby pete5770 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:14 am

wpgtaiji wrote:
Brian wrote:Found this, publically available on YouTube...(could it be 'you know who'??)

http://www.youtube.com/user/wpgtaiji

Pure and utter rubbish that is... So many mistakes that it hurts my eyes... The dude can't even do Preparation correctly... sigh He is faking the "small frame"... he has broken his garden in Grasp Swallows Tail... butt is sticking out.. torso is not leaning forward... yin/yang changes are not there... the movement before An is incomplete.. the stance from Double Peng to An is incorrect.. no balance moving into single whip... shoulders are raised (almost by ears)... the fajing is put on (not correct)... move into shoulder press is incorrect.. head does not stay lateral to the ground.. another posting issue moving into brush knee... the brush knee sequence is just horrible... stance length is ridiculous... again, another fake into small frame.. torso leaning... sigh

overall a poor attempt to represent the Old Yang style. I hope that dude corrects those mistakes... oh right. Nevermind

Jeez, give the guy a break. It's only Tai Chi. Whomever it is, he's at least giving it a shot. If you think that's bad wait until you see my post. I'm pretty sure that you won't even recognize it or any part of it as Tai Chi. :wink:
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby wpgtaiji » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:13 am

LOL Yes pete. It is me, warts and all. All those corrections, I am serious about (and more). I think I have a handle on the lean (and butt sticking out).

Too bad you didn't check in on Sunday. I had another video posted too, but thought it was over the top for most... :)
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby pete5770 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:20 pm

wpgtaiji wrote:LOL Yes pete. It is me, warts and all. All those corrections, I am serious about (and more). I think I have a handle on the lean (and butt sticking out).

Too bad you didn't check in on Sunday. I had another video posted too, but thought it was over the top for most... :)

Hate to tell you this but you're not the only one with "warts and all". I once asked my last teacher about something I saw in an old masters video. It was how he held his hand, didn't look right to me. My instructor agreed and commented that just becasue he was called a master didn't mean that after all those years of Tai Chi he had not gotten somewhat lazy in how he did things. in any case now that i know you, more or less, if you want a look at me I'm Dennis Noward
on facebook. "pete" was my last dog.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby caesar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Damn...for a very super tiny nano millsecond I even considered joining back to facebook to see what Dennis Noward looks like...But I resisted the temptation and for that I am very proud now. ;)
caesar

Postby pete5770 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:24 pm

caesar wrote:Damn...for a very super tiny nano millsecond I even considered joining back to facebook to see what Dennis Noward looks like...But I resisted the temptation and for that I am very proud now. ;)

If you don't get back on you'll miss all the good stuff. I am proud of you too for resisting the lure of facebook. I think the secret to enjoying it is to limit, severely, the number of people you "friend". Otherwise ya get so much cr*p that it's impossible to get through it all. And to be honest some people are just boring with their posts.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Previous

Return to Taijiquan / Tai Chi Chuan