Watering eye?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Watering eye?

Postby internalfist » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Hello all,
I've been practicing qi gong for awhile now, but recently while I've been doing my qi gong in the morning, my left eye imparticularily tends to water up quite a abit, I sense this might indicate some bad vibes/mojo expelling itself from my body as there really is no pain or any thing along those lines, I have a fairly good intution when it comes to my body. Im alittle unsure about the eye watering its been alot less lately, & not at all today.
Still doing my self cultivation and am growing so I haven't noticed any negative effects since the eye watering thing.
Any and all info/advice etc is greatly aprreciated & welcomed!
internalfist
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Plenty of qi gong exercises will cause stuff like this - I find that my eyes water with some sort of regularity in doing some of the practices I do. Seems to be a good thing since I dont cry all that often, the phenomena keeps the eye juices flowing in a manner, but if you reference some other texts such as Taoist Yoga, the tears are indeed an indication that something is happening. Not a bad thing, but its a little curious that your left does it more - does your right do it at all?

Been a while, good to see that you are continuing your practices diligently :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby internalfist » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:09 am

Hmmm I'm glad you mentioned not crying much, I'm on the same page with that so I wonder if that has any thing to do with it. Actually I had a very interesting experience while watching a video. I don't wanna go into alotta detail about the video here but it dealt with 9/11 and actually ACTUALLY investigating it, now I've looked into for awhile and have been wise to a few things about it for awhile but for some reason when I was sharring this video with a friend I couldn't help but cry when I saw the people jumping from the towers, I couldn't help it at all couldn't even fight it off, I left the room. Never in my entire life have i felt that way, I don't know if my heart center/chakra is opening more or what but it sure was an experience for me..

Any how back to the eye :lol: Well I take back what I said in my other post, it is still doing it. My right eye waters as well but not as much as the left most the time. The past few mornings its been fairly even but still mostly the left. I will have to go through Taoist Yoga, I haven't finished it yet. I've been taking my 'time' in my self-cultivation. I've gone through kinda a shift on my self-cultivation (idk why & probably arbitrary but I've been liking the term training less & less lately) I am also planning abit of a "pilgrimage" come Spring. I am either gonna maybe post about it or OH hey I noticed PMs are blocked on here now, would you like to exchange emails bro?
Any how nice to be back on here, and deffinately nice to hear from ya man!
internalfist
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:48 am

As you advance more, ya might not want to run away when your heart outpours - not a good habit to run from it, just experience it, process it, let it flow from your heart and dont hold that back. A huge part of cultivation is opening your heart, its where heaven & earth meet. I was at a funeral recently and I just let it go and cried, I could feel the weight of the room a hundredfold over any previous funeral I'd been to...and exhaled it all as compassion to the room as well as the deceased. Keep yer heart open, bro :) Who gives a dren if your buddies look at you a little funny, if they respect your practices this ties right in to it. My buddies razz me about my practices too but its all in good fun, I just have to try not to laugh if I'm in some funny stretch and one of them goes "wth are you doing man, taking a sh**?" :lol: It wont always manifest in tears...open your heart enough and you should be able to experience it all as heart-center compassion; if the channels are all clear then it will be less likely that tears will manifest.

hm...but that ties in - the liver channel opens to the eyes, and the gb channel is coupled to that...
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby internalfist » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:41 am

Thanks for sharring that bro, I am gonna start work'n on that. I know I woulda stayed if it was just me, but I agree with what you say I gotta let it flow. It was actually very reassuring that I was to feel that to be honest.

Hmm, should I be concerned abit? Sign of some kind of deficiency or illness? or nothing to really be worried about... Hmm I'll focus more on my beng quan in my play and see if it effects the eye watering in any way or not. I'll keep you updated.
internalfist
Forum Contributor

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung