Stealing Qi from others instead of drawing the universal Qi?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Stealing Qi from others instead of drawing the universal Qi?

Postby paulkov » Mon May 30, 2011 1:03 pm

This question sounds silly but I'm really confused.

I switched to this style about 2 months ago (demonstration starts at 3:26 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-irRGDI46M ) and recently some "new-age" guy in conversation with me said that by practicing qigong it's possible to steal energy from others (people, animals, plants, trees) instead of drawing universal Qi, therefore getting into trouble such as obsession/possession, "negative karma", etc. He called it "energetic vampirism". In fact I feel highly energized after daily practice of qigong, and I stopped doing it in of fear of harming others.

Does theory that by practicing qigong it's possible to steal consciously/unconsciously energy from others is true? If yes, then how can I protect myself so I'll draw only universal Qi?

Regards,
paulkov
paulkov
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Unconsciously, no. Consciously...well, ideally one would have also cultivated virtuous wisdom hand in hand with cultivation of various energies and therefore by the time relative control over such happenings cross into the realm of possibility, one carries a corresponding deeper understanding of nature in that proper cultivation conveys all that one needs and any notions of "theft" are obsolete.

As to plants and trees, they are good to cultivate with, especially small to medium sized trees with good straight trunks. Its not a give or take thing, both can give and concurrently benefit.

Reduced far enough, all interaction becomes but an overlapping of fields - you never really touch the sidewalk that you're walking across due to electrostatic repulsion, yet looked at closely enough it becomes virtually impossible to differentiate the totality of overlapping fields, the manifestations of which are but different resonances of the same underlying energy (~=the notion of "quantum foam.")

Develop a strong dantien and hold the center there, nobody will be able to take from you. With power comes responsibility, your heartmind is in the right place in that the question was asked - so proceed! One must be able to stand strongly on two feet in order to help others.

/\
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby paulkov » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Thanks for your reply!

Peace and light,
paulkov :D
paulkov
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:04 am

:)
joeblast