diagnosis by time of day..

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

diagnosis by time of day..

Postby vamos » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

i enjoy reading about tcm symtoms and diagnosis etc.because symtoms can change quite raidly due to various reasons.obviously the weather,mental stress etc.i havent found any quotes about how time of day effects diagnosis although im aware it does.ie if you diagnose someone at say 10.00am when sleen/stomach channel is most active i am thinking that problems from this channel will show up more in diagnosis.however if some came in at say 4.00 pm body will show more problems in diagnosis from kidney/bladder.is that statement true?
vamos
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:01 am

That's one reason pulse reading is a very good complimentary aspect of the art - e.g. are you looking for excess or deficiency, these things will affect the various 'behaviors' you're trying to diagnose. Its not a matter of "will show more problems" its that "x is behaving this way" and must be considered in the myriad juxtapositions of diagnosis :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby vamos » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 am

I am becoming better at spotting general symptoms in myself and others but have never attempted pulse diagnosis.however I have read about it and hear it can take many attempts to become skilfull in it.not something i would problary get into right now.made me think though.perhaps ill have a practise on my family at some point!!
vamos
Forum Contributor

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung