has anyone heard of Hu Xuezhi or Wudang Internal Academy

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

has anyone heard of Hu Xuezhi or Wudang Internal Academy

Postby greenteacup » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi,

I was searching for qigong teachers, and I found a master by the name of Hu Xuezhi, has anyone heard of him?

Also, it seems that he teaches at the Wudang Internal Academy and gives a workshop there in the Wudang Mountains in China. He speaks English too. Has anyone ever attended this workshop or heard of it?

He goes through the whole taoist internal alchemy basics in a period of around 2 weeks. So I was wondering if you could learn an entire taoist qigong system in that time frame.
greenteacup
Just Arrived

Re: has anyone heard of Hu Xuezhi or Wudang Internal Academy

Postby yeniseri » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:04 pm

greenteacup wrote:Hi,

I was searching for qigong teachers, and I found a master by the name of Hu Xuezhi, has anyone heard of him?

Also, it seems that he teaches at the Wudang Internal Academy and gives a workshop there in the Wudang Mountains in China. He speaks English too. Has anyone ever attended this workshop or heard of it?

He goes through the whole taoist internal alchemy basics in a period of around 2 weeks. So I was wondering if you could learn an entire taoist qigong system in that time frame.

Highly unlikely!
I did attend a few workshop with a few stated masters but 2 weeks is just a way for you to pick up and practice for the rest of your life. To learn an entire qigong system in 2 weeks does not do justice to wisdom, compassion and understanding. People become arrogant just in spending 1 hour itha master so 2 weeks will absolutely make them stink!

Start small and if you pick a simple system and practice assiduously for at least 4 months, you will see a little benefit that will let you know how you are doing.
I studied with a non descript master and from him I learnt that the dream state (how, what and why you dream as part of yangsheng gong practice)
is a way to gauge your progress. Just pretend what I tell you is lie.
Find a good teacher who you feel an affinity for, practice and see how that is working for you and watch what you dream!
There is more than 1 way to decipher this but for me and a few others it has proven to be true.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung