hei lung sound

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

hei lung sound

Postby vamos » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 am

could somebody explain exactly how to make the hei sound..thank you
vamos
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:11 am

the sounds are most effectively done subvocally so that the sound is barely made - but anyway, think of the function of the sound and its related organ, what is the function? part of the lung sound is helping cool the pulmonary loop, so a protracted exhale letting the deep warm air be expelled from the depths of the lungs - but it is done gently not forcefully.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby vamos » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 am

ok thanks for hints.you 're going to make me work for it!Just like Dr.Yang!I do use the 6 sounds now but the martial 6 sounds have no audio in any of Dr.Yangs dvd apart from the Ha sound.
I actually went to an acupuncture shop to ask a lady how to pronounce the hei sound which she did. I think she was pretty shocked I even new about them!!However I have realised that the way the sound is spoken can be different to how it is 'whispered' in 6 sounds format hence my questions. Knowing me I have problary half got it but it might take me a week or two to be sure.thanks anyway.vamos.
vamos
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Certain things may be given, certain things may be taught...and certain things need to be experienced. There is a learning process in all 3, though they are different and convey different benefits. In general one learns in the most robust fashion if you've done that legwork! ;)

That's why any master worth his gung isnt going to simply "do all of your work for you" and "help too much" opening channels and such - then the achievement isnt yours! :) Nudges and facilitative assistance are good but part of the mark is knowing what level of assistance is appropriate - you seemed to have a decent enough grasp on it so it made sense to ask you a question and see if the reasoning process helps you achieve a deeper understanding /\

not that I'm in any way a master, of course 8)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby baihe shifu » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:27 am

Agree with Joeblast but I belive the sound could be an extended "sheeee" sound.
baihe shifu
Forum Addict

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung