XIAO ZHOU TIAN ( SMALL CIRCULATION )

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

XIAO ZHOU TIAN ( SMALL CIRCULATION )

Postby josemunoz63 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:14 am

After several years practising the small circulation ( xiao zhou tian ), and happy with my improvement, I have however a question that never saw clarified in any book or publication, nor in Yang Jwing-Ming book

HOW MUCH TIME IT IS SUPPOSED THAT THE Qi MUST NEED FOR A COMPLETE ROUND OVER REN AND DU MAI ? I MEAN TO COMPLETE ONE CYCLE ?

Is there anyone that could help me ?

Thanks and best Regards

Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:59 pm

first, please tell me how fast the wheels on your car spin ;)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

xiao zhou tian ( SMALL CIRCULATION )

Postby josemunoz63 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:59 am

I suppose you mean that it depends, and if so I agree. The speed should be something very personal, but at least from extremelly slow to very fast, I believe that an optimun point must exist.

The problem is that in Yang Jwing Ming Books I see nothing

Note: for me 60 seconds one cycle is normal but sometimes I need 5 minutes for the same

Regards
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:07 am

You can liken the MCO to singing a bowl - light "activity" gently playing the waveform but not so much to the crest as to dampen it.

You can also sing it with more pressure, often with a slower periodicity...in that vein,

Have a look here and you can see that there's more than simply running along the outside path, harmonize deeply and there is an internal dynamo that lies beneath ;) Nothing at all wrong with your timings from the superficial viewpoint here.

Is it necessarily a problem that there's no posted speed signs? :lol:
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Joeblast

Thanks for your point of view. I cacth the idea

Best regards

Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby Dvivid » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Sweet image. I like that the tricky gates have devil horns!

There is no rule and no guideline for how long a single orbit should/can take.

It can be a single breath, or a few minutes. In a 24 hour period, it naturally occurs once.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby joeblast » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:46 pm

hahahaha nice I didnt notice that! but the jade pillow is all yang, baby! I'm sure you can decipher what the colors and hexagrams mean - they totally have the desired effect for the particular location ;) it is tough to keep it going over orbits though! I found the image in black & white, I added the color because it was...obvious :lol: it is also the 36 ascents & 24 descents in taoist yoga.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:05 am

Yes, but doctor Yang clearly enphasizes on one cycle with one inspiration and one expiration, or even to make the full cycle in 2 inspiration/expirations middle steps. In paralell, doctor Yang insist not to hold the breath too much and he advises on dangerous of out of path on small circulation...

Consiring all this, and being so detailed on many factors such as: breathing, paths, holding, ways, smooth..., I miss some observation on cycle time...

In any way, I agree with your subjective point of view since small circulation must be a " feeling"

Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:02 pm

simpler things must be taught first, that's why he advocates starting with the small-small circulation in his SC book, loop dantien down to huiyin, past first gate to mingmen, then connect back to the dantien from there.

not sure why that wasnt in the EB book (d, if you guys ever do a later edition and revise it at all, I'd vote for that inclusion!)

:D
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby darth_freak » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:34 am

What are - all of you - your personal experiences with small circulation?
I mean in your daily life, not your exp during meditation.
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Re: XIAO ZHOU TIAN ( SMALL CIRCULATION )

Postby yeniseri » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:36 am

josemunoz63 wrote:After several years practising the small circulation ( xiao zhou tian ), and happy with my improvement, I have however a question that never saw clarified in any book or publication, nor in Yang Jwing-Ming book

HOW MUCH TIME IT IS SUPPOSED THAT THE Qi MUST NEED FOR A COMPLETE ROUND OVER REN AND DU MAI ? I MEAN TO COMPLETE ONE CYCLE ?

Is there anyone that could help me ?

Thanks and best Regards

Jose Munoz

fa lun is 'real' but one needs the proper attitudional and external behavioural controls to 'tame' it. Proper shougong (ending routine) is essential.
a. Respect it
b. Observe it
c. Have the proper ethical mind
d. Don't become attached to it

For however long the 'wheel' spins, spend 2x that period with shougong then quiet sitting. Don't prolong it nor make it too short hence the ethical admonition to determine on your own timeframe to complete x cycle.
Each person is different so hopefully your main teacher will give you the essentials to understand more.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby joeblast » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:06 pm

oof, words? 8) its like extracting electricity from a turbine, in a way. hah, perhaps even a wind turbine, since your awareness doesnt necessarily interpret the signal level as above a constant threshold :lol:

very good point on the stillness, yeniseri. cant be stressed enough, I'll stress it that much :lol:
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:14 am

Thanks to everybody. I will reflect on it

Best regards
Jose munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung