Embryonic breathing throughout the day

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Embryonic breathing throughout the day

Postby sylvian » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:49 am

Hi,

I'm curious whether it is good practise to use embryonic breathing outside of defined qigong practise ? For instance I travel 60min everyday to and from work, would it be beneficial to continually do this even when walking or sitting at my desk ? My concern is the Qi that is generated may not be focused on the real dan tian as much as it should be. Any advice would be welcome!
sylvian
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:06 am

Perhaps not with the same level of focused awareness, of course...you dont really want to be in a deep meditative mindset while driving for an hour, for sure...but keeping the harmonious breathing going? Absolutely. Dont worry about your qi, its going to do what its going to do, just breathe harmoniously and integrate it well. The more you build up the muscle memory, the more it will effortlessly extend to other parts of your life, even sleep - my girlfriend told me that she can tell when I'm in good practice with it by how my breathing is when I'm sleeping :lol: It will carry over with time and training. Keep up the work and dont stop asking questions!
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby sylvian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:36 am

Thanks for your reply Joe. I definitely feel more relaxed for doing it so I'll just keep it up :)
sylvian
Forum Newbie

Postby josemunoz63 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:49 am

Sylvian

Absolutelly good idea to practice everytime no matter where. You will connect your pineal and pituitary glands in upper dan tian ( yin tiny point ) with your lower dan tian ( yang tiny point ) in a very easy way through " Bao Yi " connection

The more you practice the easier you will find Bao Yi connection and the easier you will transfer energy up to down and viceversa, and this could be useful in order to calm your mind quickly if you need and you are not precisely in your quiet meditation room

Absolutely agree with joeblast recomendation: you will find harmonius and will train your muscle memory

Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Re: Embryonic breathing throughout the day

Postby yeniseri » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:03 pm

sylvian wrote:Hi,

I'm curious whether it is good practise to use embryonic breathing outside of defined qigong practise ? For instance I travel 60min everyday to and from work, would it be beneficial to continually do this even when walking or sitting at my desk ? My concern is the Qi that is generated may not be focused on the real dan tian as much as it should be. Any advice would be welcome!

I may be absurd in this regard but if you ask the living centenarians what type of breathing they do, what do you think the answer will be? It is defiantely not embryonic breathing! That being said, just be natural in whatever you do, be just, relaxed in your life choices and retain a balance in food.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Re: Embryonic breathing throughout the day

Postby joeblast » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:32 am

I'd hope if one reaches 100, one would have progressed past EB if one were in fact a practitioner :D But that doesnt really address how one's practice will naturally progress beyond it if it is regularly and continually employed for a sustained period of time ;)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung