liver-again!

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

liver-again!

Postby vamos » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:54 pm

I am having alot of trouble working out how the liver is involded in spreading chi through the body. I think about it alot at various times and to me it seems the most complex organ to work out from a TCM/QiGong point of view(it has many functions especially when including gallbladder and girdle vessel). I have various ideas and theories which some id say is correct but i feel like im missing something.What does the liver qi do to perform this? as aginst heart qi?Is it tied in with its blood duties?(i suspect it might be?).Is it heavily involved with the Yi? more than the Xin?

Any theories /help out there?
vamos
Forum Contributor

Re: liver-again!

Postby yeniseri » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:04 pm

They are talking from an energetic POV of TCM/CCM! Anger damages the liver so having a 'balanced' termperment would have a beneficial effect on its energetics. Not getting angry is not the problem since that leads to represseion. Consult a textbook on the matter.
Excess liver 'energetic can pass on to heart and gallbladder especialy in an unhealthy condition of disease. It help to balance xin (heart and mind working in cohesion) to control liver and as an extension, gallbladder.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Re: liver-again!

Postby joeblast » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 am

Where blood flows , as does qi...liver is a temporary storehouse. Chec out the five e diurnal cycle. Liver processes blood and removes toxins.

What exactly is the question? :D

Had enough of typing on iPad :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung