8 pieces of brocade speed

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

8 pieces of brocade speed

Postby pilotfish » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi. Very good production of this DVD.

The materials mention 15-20 minutes a day.

I'm going slow, as in Dr Yang's demonstration. Basically I'm doing all inhale/extensions and exhale/contraction moves at a pace of 3 seconds each.

I'm starting with 6 reps of the standing pieces. Doing it slowly this way consistently takes 25 minutes. That would put the full 12 reps at 50 minutes.

Is that right? I suspect that speed is an individual choice -- but Twice as fast as the demonstration? Is the demo speed for teaching purposes only?

Regards,
Lew
Last edited by pilotfish on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pilotfish
Forum Contributor

Re: 8 pieces of brocade speed

Postby sengtsan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi Lew,

The demo speed might be for teaching purpose only but I find it very good also for practice because it helps me regulate my body, breath, mind etc... I noticed I am more centered and energized after than doing them at a higher speed. But that's me. I guess you can find your ideal speed by experimenting. Then adjusting the number of rep according to the time available.

Regards,
sengtsan
sengtsan
Forum Addict

Re: 8 pieces of brocade speed

Postby yeniseri » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:01 pm

There is a tendency to 'slow" yangshenggong/qigong practice(s) but intuitively it seems to be an extreme. Doing the specific routine per one's condition may be better in the long run. As an example, when I am stiff, I tend to slow done the routine(s) but do less repetitions. In better health, a little faster based on how I am breathing so take into consideration the breath and time of day.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung