Qi-gong and phenomena

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Qi-gong and phenomena

Postby fizzlefozzle » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 am

Hi. Over last few years, I've been experiencing, a lot of dreams, some coming true, prior, like precognitions, and other intuitive insights to what is going on right now, which is very accurate.

I have also become more aware energetically of certain aspects of myself, but not totally. When, in silence, I notice how I feel, and how I feel sometimes reflect how other people feel when they are about to connect with me. This is difficult to explain. Mostly, I feel what others feel, and know intuitively when they will connect, or sometimes, there is a sycronicity in events, that makes me more aware, that there is something more than me, aware of what is happening. Sometimes, I feel areas in my body vibrate specifically, my third eye area, and it is a sharp area. This is important, because I feel this a lot, especially when talking to people, sometimes, they take a moment to reflect on something, and I feel this vibration on my brow. Othertimes, I can feel people at other side of the world connect in this way, through the vibration of the brow.

For example, I have often woke up from an extremely vivid dream, and find an email just arrived, at 2 am in the night, or these strange occurences.

I also experience visions sometimes, as I sleep. This has all happened since a few years ago. I tried taking up Medical Qi-gong for a while, and I did one specific one, that I felt energy more powerfully flowing afterwards. I felt this love energy flowing, through me, when with others, like they were projecting it at me.

In some strange way, I believe Qi-gong can help. I am interested in the microcosmic orbit, and started at the navel.

One night, when I focused on this a lot, because I was severely depressed, I was sleeping, and my whole body, I felt extended, and the vibration was like an out of body experience. IT was like pure white vibration around me. I could feel like energy of others sleeping near me (was a few in the room) -- and I felt like impressions from them. But it was quite severe energy. I think this is lower dantien area. Mostly, I was focusing on the meditation on the first point of microcosmic orbit.

Is there a different way, better way, by just firstly moving the current from navel to mingman and into dantien -- i try this, and I feel the points heavy sometimes, but not sure if it makes much difference. Is it meant to heal me?

I masturbate a lot because I am depressed. Does this effect power of lower dantien? I can't help it.

Or what practice would be suggested - thanks!
fizzlefozzle
Forum Newbie

Re: Qi-gong and phenomena

Postby Josh Young » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:17 am

I recall having similar things happen, of course it was not the taiji or the qi-gong that cause it, but those things increased my sensitivity to this type of thing.

I asked my teacher about it one day while we were doing push hands...
I asked him "out of curiosity do you think it is possible that taiji helps develop certain sensitivities, like almost of a psychic nature"
He replied "yes"

We discussed this further, it was his belief that this cannot be your goal or expectation, that one must approach taiji without expectations of this sort, but that "what happens happens"

Masturbation causes a release of a hormone that counters a lot of the effects of exercise, physiologically speaking it is good to abstain from sex during martial art training periods, you will get more out of qi-gong if you abstain from masturbation.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby joeblast » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Shaking up and reordering...reordering patterns. If you are to reorder congruent to this pattern, then certain other patterns that will disturb the new pattern should be avoided. Masturbating too much will only exacerbate depression issues, especially if you already do it too much. Not to mention, it puts too much strain on the prostate so if you do wind up jumping in the sack with a girl it is weakened, and no girl likes a minute man. :lol: There are significant hormones excited in the process - think of a lot of other species who but have the core energy reserve to go but once! It is like weaning from anything else, caffeine, cigarettes, there will be an acute period to deal with, but it gets easier with time and training. Kinda of in the same way an hour feels like forever until you forget everything, then what's the difference twenty minutes or two hours, but a moment.

Important to learn stillness to at least a certain extent before doing things that move energy. Path of least resistance, so when you unplug and wind down the movement it defaults to the proper place instead of...where? Learn good dantien breathing and quiet the breath until you cant feel yourself breathe yet still perfectly respirated and always sit in stillness after doing energetic movement and you'll do allright. Aware stillness. Not oblivion.

Heavy, perhaps slightly more resistance in the area - dont worry about it too much for now, establish stillness...every day. The amount of progress you make is a function of the level of stillness you are able to attain ;) Its not the only coefficient, but it is an important one.

Oh, and smile :) A teacher of mine used to say mind is like gravity; heavy and it will drag you down beneath the floor - light and bouyant, positive, unfettered - smiling.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby fizzlefozzle » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks. The masturbation is an issue. I can't really help it. The more I abstain from it, like after three days, I get really excited easily.

I drink a lot of coffee and tea and refined sugar too. It's a bad combo, i want to quit.

I also went to chinese medicine man, and he said my spleen / stomach qi was weak, and i worry a lot. Recently, i feel really exhausted. Is there anyway i can replenish the spleen / stomach qi in my body, separate from practice? Also, the area around my rectum like (root chakra area) is really fucked up too.

I like what was said about 'without expectation' and the stillness. I think Stress and Depression and Worry are the main culprits for me.

I would really love to train under a teacher, in real life -- not just on the internet. I think it might be beneficial.

There's other phenomena I have experienced, but I attributed it in the past to kundalini activity, although that's just initial research.

Thanks
fizzlefozzle
Forum Newbie

Postby John the Monkey mind » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:32 pm

fizzlefozzle wrote:Thanks. The masturbation is an issue. I can't really help it. The more I abstain from it, like after three days, I get really excited easily.

I drink a lot of coffee and tea and refined sugar too. It's a bad combo, i want to quit.

I also went to chinese medicine man, and he said my spleen / stomach qi was weak, and i worry a lot. Recently, i feel really exhausted. Is there anyway i can replenish the spleen / stomach qi in my body, separate from practice? Also, the area around my rectum like (root chakra area) is really fucked up too.

I like what was said about 'without expectation' and the stillness. I think Stress and Depression and Worry are the main culprits for me.

I would really love to train under a teacher, in real life -- not just on the internet. I think it might be beneficial.

There's other phenomena I have experienced, but I attributed it in the past to kundalini activity, although that's just initial research.

Thanks

Maybe make it a three day cycle then. That way train in the middle day between emissions, I guess it will take persistence and maybe a change of lifestyle to cut down more.

You can replenish the Qi but why separately from your practice? Do you do Zhan Zhung standing practice? Its a really good way to restore balance to your system without forcing it, it sounds like your advanced Qigong is to much at this stage. Also try some teas like pu err or herbal infusions, eat a healthy diet with lots of organic vegetables and try to exercise a lot beyond just the Qigong.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby fizzlefozzle » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:45 am

Hey,

Where do I get herbal infusions from? I will try this one instead. Thank you. Currently travelling at the moment, and sometimes I only get to sit, so I can only do the sitting meditation.

Anyway, the masturbation, I noticed, helps move the energy into the heart. Like I can feel powerful love energy here when I do it, and feel loving and being loved. This happens only sometimes, when I did Qi-gong (advanced) in the past [i just don't have time at the moment to do it]. Maybe, I'll try cutting back, I just really love the open heart energy.

Also, if you have some kind of recipes I can use, like good for chi, or like stomach and spleen, and other stuff, that tastes nice, let me know. I kind of want to move towards a better regime.

Currently like the sweeties and the caffeine, not sure if i can get myself off it just yet :D

Thanks guys and girls for help.
fizzlefozzle
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:19 pm

fizzlefozzle wrote:Thanks. The masturbation is an issue. I can't really help it. The more I abstain from it, like after three days, I get really excited easily.

Thanks

Caffeine and sugar is just a matter of weaning yourself from them. Small amounts are no big deal, it is not usually necessary for one to completely abstain, but as you gain sensitivity you will notice the effects more.

If spleen/stomach qi is weak, make sure you get more exercise and make sure you sweat - a regular workout schedule should help restore the function.

Dont worry about kundalini, qi in the spine is not the same phenomena.

At these times where you feel excitable, those are the times to harness the arising potential and make better use of it instead of simply blowing off steam only to build up again. If you can do lower dantien breathing, you should be able to basically create the potential there and with the Yi on the LDT you should be able to draw the energy there and shrink the erection.

Make no mistake, this intention needs to come from you, be purified by you, applied by you. There is no such thing as spiritual welfare, you are solely responsible for putting out the effort and if you undermine yourself and dont give a dren when you are undermining, the results which manifest wont be as good. That said, dont place undue burden upon yourself, be natural, do not worry. (There is putting a requisite amount of forethought into something, and then there's obsessing over it. One is necessary and healthy, the other is not.)

Google the deer exercise and do it nightly before bed.

When arising in the morning, when you have morning wood, circulate it. Here is a morning vitality circulation exercise, I was going to type it out but I recalled I already had it typed, albeit this is a little more technical of a description than I was intending on presenting.

The cavity of mortality (root of the penis, aka huiyin, which stands for "confluence of all yin channels") is the source from which all vitality circulates to the body. Focus on the cavity as the point of departure for the vitality and "breathe through the channels" in the path outlined upon getting out of bed in the morning.

Some channel reference,
http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncture ... an_graphic

1-Breathe in to drive the vital breath up from the huiyin through the governing vessel (tu mo) in the spine to the brain

2-Breathe out to lower the vital breath through the conception vessel (jen mo) down the front of the body to return to the huiyin.

3-Breathe in raising from huiyin through CV (jen mo) to the cavity of vitality (aka lower dantien) continuing split in two along both sides of the belt vessel (tai mo) joining at the lower back, continuing on up to vertebrae T5 (point GV11 which is the heart point of the back) where it stops

4-Breathe out to let it flow from both shoulders down into the (positive) yang yu channels in the outer sides of both wrists, to the middle fingers before reaching the centers of both palms (PC8, laogung) where it stops (the common arm & legs channels are simply grouped together here since they flow in common direction.)

5-Breathe in to lift the vital breath from laogung into the (negative) yin yu channels on the insides of the wrists up to the chest where it stops

6-Breathe out to drive the vital breath down to the belt vessel where its two branches reunite before returning to the mortal cavity (huiyin)

7-Breathe in to lift it from the mortal cavity into the central channel (thrusting vessel, chung mo) up to the solar plexus (chiang kung cavity) where it stops; on no account should it rise above the heart!

8-Breathe out to send it from under the heart down to the huiyin where it divides into two to descend in the two (positive) yang chiao channels on the outer sides of the thighs and through the toes of the feet before reaching the yongquan cavity (KD1 point) where it stops

9-Breathe in to raise it from the yongquan into the (negative) yin chiao channels in the inner sides of the legs up to the huiyin and then to the lower dantien where it stops.

10-Breathe out to lower it to the huiyin where it stops.

This is especially effective if you do seated meditation at night. Even moreso if you can well maintain a still heart and don’t overindulge in senses. This circulation will eventually cause the vital force to thoroughly cleanse the channels and if you are able to produce real vitality it will vibrate through all of these channels, cleansing and purifying them.

As always settle in stillness after any energy work.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung