Perineum

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Perineum

Postby buddhafist » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi,

sorry if I bring up a question that was asked before...but looking through older posts I couldn´t get it clear. I have the Kung Fu Body Conditioning DVD, where it is several times said to bring the Perineum up / out. Is there a definitive answer wether there is muscular action involved or just
mental action? Or both? On the dvd it isn´t so clear (at least for me)...
buddhafist
Forum User

Re: Perineum

Postby joeblast » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:13 pm

there's muscular action - the yanginess really depends on the application. if you're getting kicked there, best tighten up :lol: standing or moving meditation should be soft, gentle, but with enough activity to produce a positive effect on the interplay of the moving structures of breath, not too hard so as to constrict blood flow and energy. explore the amount of travel for the breathing structures when aligning them, select the middle optimal 70%, ascertain the most energetic points of all of the structures and bring them to their most energetic points concurrently (with the energy focused on the dantien, if doing dantien breathing...)

I dont have the kung fu body conditioning DVD, so I dont know exactly what is said in there, but these points are generally applicable to static as well as dynamic forms. :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby buddhafist » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Thanks - that helped!
buddhafist
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:02 am

nab - natural abdominal breathing - heck, also namo amitabha buddha :lol: /\ :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung