Yi Jin Jing vs Ba Duan Jin?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Yi Jin Jing vs Ba Duan Jin?

Postby mansao » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:26 pm

What is the difference?
mansao
Forum User

Re: Yi Jin Jing vs Ba Duan Jin?

Postby wpgtaiji » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:09 pm

I just asked the boss about yi jin jing. For one thing, one takes about 2 hours 2 or 3 times each day, the other takes 20 minutes.

I suggest you read the books on these qigongs. There is nothing remotely similar on these methods, other than they have the word qigong following the name.
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Josh Young » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:04 am

You can read about them yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yijin_Jing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baduanjin_qigong

They have a lot in common and a lot of differences.

There are also versions of the 8 brocades, ergo Ba Duan Jin, one version is found only in specific taijiquan lineages and has not appeared in a publication that I am aware of.

There is a lot of evidence also that the Ba Duan Jin originates in vedic yogic teachings, which has essentially many of the same postures/stances and practices.

Also the Yijin jing curiously enough is said to have written originally in a Hindu language!

If you are interested in them you might also like this book that has many Chinese qigong practices in it:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/tao/kfu/index.htm
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby joeblast » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:37 am

note yjj's specific focus on muscle/tendon changing whereas bdj is more for general health, hitting important fundamental points along the way.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby galino » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 pm

joeblast wrote:note yjj's specific focus on muscle/tendon changing whereas bdj is more for general health, hitting important fundamental points along the way.

Hello, I have few questions:
-Can I practice both, one after another?
-Witch one I should start first with YJJ or BDJ?
thank you
galino
Forum Newbie

Postby yeniseri » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 am

galino wrote:
joeblast wrote:note yjj's specific focus on muscle/tendon changing whereas bdj is more for general health, hitting important fundamental points along the way.

Hello, I have few questions:
-Can I practice both, one after another?
-Witch one I should start first with YJJ or BDJ?
thank you

Which ever one you have the good fortune to learn then take advantage of it!
One will rarely find this strategy but a better concept in practice is to separate YJJ and BDJ energetically by doing one in the morning (preferebly BDJ) and the other in evening (YJJ).
Observe the effect of both and see for yourself the subjective differences, if any, and you may end up doing YJJ in AM and BDJ in PM.

Even BDJ may be for general stretching and warmup, there have been instances where it was used for more serios conditions. BDJ has been used for type II (NIDDM) diabetes with positive results and some reported cases with cancer. Obviously the form was changed to match the types of cancer and the severity of the disease.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby galino » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Thank you.
galino
Forum Newbie

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung