8 Section Brocade - HOW TO BREATH ??????????

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

8 Section Brocade - HOW TO BREATH ??????????

Postby shinobi » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:20 am

Hello.

I CANNOT find info about how to breath (inhale phase,exhale phase,qi drawing path) DURING 8 sections brocade exercises. Not in Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming products and not in other authors products.
shinobi
Forum User

Re: 8 Section Brocade - HOW TO BREATH ??????????

Postby Dvivid » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi

The Eight Brocades is considered 'layperson qigong', which means no theory is traditionally taught with these exercises. Just do the movement, breathe naturally, and benefit.

But, in general, the guide for qigong breathing is: as you are moving your limbs away from the center of the body, you're exhaling. As you move the limbs back in, you're inhaling.

You are always exhaling at the end of a repetition, as you bring your hands and mind back to the abdomen for a moment.

Hope this helps, thanks.
Dvivid
Forum God

Re: 8 Section Brocade - HOW TO BREATH ??????????

Postby shinobi » Wed May 02, 2012 1:36 am

Dvivid wrote:Hi

The Eight Brocades is considered 'layperson qigong', which means no theory is traditionally taught with these exercises. Just do the movement, breathe naturally, and benefit.

But, in general, the guide for qigong breathing is: as you are moving your limbs away from the center of the body, you're exhaling. As you move the limbs back in, you're inhaling.

You are always exhaling at the end of a repetition, as you bring your hands and mind back to the abdomen for a moment.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Thank you for valuable info.
Just put my hands on "The Way of Energy" by Master Lam Kam Chuen. Everything INCLUDING breathing is explained perfectly. Pictures are amazing. This book is back from 1991 ;)
Few days ago someone told me that this book is considered as the Bible of QiGong. I have few family members with health problems. Now I will be able to explain them Baduanjin perfectly well !
shinobi
Forum User

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung