Qi Gong worsened health!!

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Qi Gong worsened health!!

Postby Beebs35 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Questions (difficult). Being very ill, with heart failure, hypothyroidism
neurologic dysfunction, heart attacks, and many health problems, all caused by an
adverse reaction to a prescribed antibiotics. Since, refused all meds,
based on information of pharmacology.

I met a Chinese Sifu, who does not speak English. We agreed to
learn some Shaolin Qi Gong. I think he calls it the one finger or something
like that. The moves he teaches me, are very similar to the ones in Dr Stephen
Tang's book.

We started with the Standing Position. I could only do a few mins, but increased
to 30 mins. We also did moves for all organs, daily, as well as some mantras. No
breathing and no meditation. (all this over a period of six months)

He also gave transmitted Qi at times..

Instead of improving, my health worsened to the point, I could no longer practice.
The STanding Position in particular, seemed to worsen my symptoms, poor health,
and weakness.

I stopped practicing, but decided to start again tomorrow.

My theory is this, in the West, I have so much damage DNA, and excess of
free radicals (toxicities from own biochemistry and antioxidants no longer working)
that even compounds in most foods became toxic. I read a lot about this, and understand this in Western medicine, but not Chinese. I also get very sick from pollution, perfume, solvents, smells of chemicals etc..and no, its psychological. It can be deadly!!

So, my theory, is that I have so much toxic Qi, that instead of getting rid of the toxic Qi, the STanding Position was revving it, circulating all the toxic Qi, it was not going out of the body. I can't understand, how by doing the Standing Position, am I getting rid of the toxic Qi?? Where is it going? How can I get the good Qi in if the body is full of dirty Qi??

This is serious, because, liver enzymes etc.. went right up.

I would be interested to hear your theories, and how do you think I should proceed, I am weak and frail, but also very toxic.

Thanks for the input. :D
Beebs35
Forum User

Re: Qi Gong worsened health!!

Postby wpgtaiji » Thu May 10, 2012 8:24 pm

mate, it is hard to say about your theory. If you are doing the qigong CORRECTLY, it should help. The big thing is doing it CORRECTLY.

My teacher had many people email him complaining about qigong not working. It was always that they were doing things incorrectly. It could be anything from how your feet are placed on the ground, how deep the knees are bent, where the weight is placed on the foot, to the position of the coccyx and how you hold your spine, to even the angle of the hands in 3 circle posture, or how you actually hold the hands! Not to mention that none of it will actually work if the head alignment is out by MILLIMETERS (yes, I am canadian).

As to toxic qi, mate there are ways to release this from your body.

It is unfortunate that you found a "common" qigong teacher, as you actually need a GOOD one (there is a huge difference) to help you with your serious condition.

I only am suggesting things to look for and NOT making any suggestions. I havent seen you doing your qigong, and I am NOT a TCM doctor (nor a western doctor). You should seek out competent help, either from a TCM doctor, so they can tell you what is going on with your qi, or a team of western doctors.

btw, you unless you have a GOOD qigong teacher/tcm, only work on 3 circle aka Holding a tree qigong. Good luck mate.
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Beebs35 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:12 am

Thanks for your input.

Re: Western medicine. NO. There is little science behind it,
and there is no healing per say, except cause more damage.

I contacted a Chinese Sifu in Australia a while back. He told me
to put my feet in water, sit on a stool, rock back and forth
whilst imagining all the toxic Qi going through my feet in the water.
And that made me so ill it took three months to recover. What does this
mean in terms of health and getting rid of toxic Qi? Did I do too much?

Its unfortunate that the Chinese Sifu does not speak English.
He is well meaning, and tries to be helpful though.

What does "only work on 3 circle aka Holding a tree qigong"n means.
I will look it up on the net and find someone to translate ask the
Chinese Sifu to show me if he knows.

According to Cohen's book, there are some type of breathing and moves
which are contra indicated in some cases, as in cardiac for instance. I am
not sure if the Chinese Sifu knows about this. So far, he told me to breathe
normally, and no meditation. I am doing simple meditation as in Janke's book,
most visualization.
Beebs35
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Fri May 11, 2012 6:27 am

Not uncommon for someone with a lot of 'crud' of whatever sorts to manifest negative symptoms as the body begins to clear them. Probably the worst thing is to stop practicing, especially when it is the darkest time of night and it seems like it is not helping. Its sorta like the country's finances right now, things are going to have to get worse before they get better, and unfortunately it getting worse is more than likely part of it getting better. Tough to keep the faith when such things happen - but it boils down to, do you trust sifu, do you think his intent is correct, do you think he would really want the karma of telling you something that would harm you?
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby chh » Fri May 11, 2012 9:14 am

Hello!

It seems like you're dealing with some overwhelming problems. I wish you the best and I hope you get well soon.

You'll no doubt get some thoughtful advice for qigong practice on this forum, but your last post gave the impression that you're no longer seeing a doctor. You should really be in contact with doctors about those conditions. People are successfully treated for thyroid, neurological, and heart conditions all the time by doctors, and science is the singular source for those treatments.

I don't think you'll find anyone here who advises otherwise.

Best Wishes
chh
Forum Addict

Postby Beebs35 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:42 pm

chh. Thanks for your advice. The reason i fell ill
as did thousands others, are precisely because
I was given an antibiotic. I am constantly reading
medical science journals, and concluded that there
are no medications that cures, heals, but instead
mask symptoms eventually developing in other illnesses.

My GP understands and accept my decision, which is
backed up from articles in medical journals.

I have observed others in a Heart failure clinic, progressively
worsening as they proudly show me their little pills, unaware,
that these were causing even more discomfort and unpleasant symptoms.

I respect those who turn to allopathic medicine, and wish them well.

Theories are skewed, 84 % of published papers are falsified, side effects
of drugs not disclosed, the law protects big pharma and not the victims.

I strongly believe that practicing Qi Qong, change of diet, taking appropriate
supplements, doing research, perhaps looking other models such as Ayurvedic
medicine, less toxic and effective, has kept me alive all those years.

Unfortunately, I am limited by allergies and inability to metabolize most compounds
in many foods. This was alleviated during the practice of Qi Gong but returned full blown
since stopping Qi practice.

I have since met many others like myself, who are taking care of their health
and looking at other models, and successfully cured the "incurable" including
doctors who were enlightened by their own disease progress, open minded,
and tried other models.

There is so much the general public is unaware, and when ill, frightened, rush to the doctor,
given pills, which they don't even research, tests which are for the most part unspecific, and unreliable, or invasive procedures that does nothing to alleviate, is a fad, or temporary relief to years later causing more health issues.

My brother died about six months ago, because of the chemo and steroids and other drugs he was given to "treat" his cancer. My sister, a medical profressional, decided to try a different model, is well, with no sign of cancer at this time...

Well, other than this, I am willing to give Qi Gong another try, but slowly, at my own pace, not pushing myself as I did previously..
Beebs35
Forum User

Postby Beebs35 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm

joeblast wrote:Not uncommon for someone with a lot of 'crud' of whatever sorts to manifest negative symptoms as the body begins to clear them. Probably the worst thing is to stop practicing, especially when it is the darkest time of night and it seems like it is not helping. Its sorta like the country's finances right now, things are going to have to get worse before they get better, and unfortunately it getting worse is more than likely part of it getting better. Tough to keep the faith when such things happen - but it boils down to, do you trust sifu, do you think his intent is correct, do you think he would really want the karma of telling you something that would harm you?

It was strange, at first, I didn't worsen, I felt better. Four to five months later, I started feeling severely unwell, to the point, where my liver enzymes were sky high etc... Should I have continued?

I started again today, but my Sifu, had me sitting down, for 30 minutes reciting the Mantra Om Mani Peme Hum whilst putting hands in certain position, alternating.

After this, he showed me some moves for heart, kidneys and liver. I did at my pace. He showed me something I should practice for 30 mins, but I made it clear, I would start for few mins, and increase gently.

He does not speak English, which complicates matters, however, he is well meaning, and not had such a sick students before!! I will do another one hour session again tomorrow. :D He told me he will show me how to obtain Qi from trees, which I am looking forward to. There is a TCM doctor who is also Chinese, she kindly translates during the session. I did the Standing Position sitting down today, and will work up very slowly.

Question is, how do we know we are getting rid of toxic Qi, or the practice is making symptoms and disease worse?? :roll:
Beebs35
Forum User

Postby pete5770 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:04 am

See a Doctor. One that went to Med School. One that put in the time and effort required to
actually learn how to help seriously ill people recover from whatever is wrong with them.
Or you can go for a snake oil cure, and there are plenty of those around. Up to you. Put your trust in someone who has taken an oath to "do no harm" or some sort of faith healer / miracle elixir salesmen. Good luck with the latter.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby joeblast » Wed May 16, 2012 11:27 am

agreed, I think one would have to be crazy to leave out any facet of healing. western, eastern, inform yourself as much as possible, get the best blend of treatments possible.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby pete5770 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:54 pm

When world leaders have health problems where do they go? The United States(western healing).
When people need the best medical support possible, when they need the best surgeons, where do they go? The United States(western healing). I can't think of anyone who has said "gee, I'm really ill - I want to go to China(eastern healing) for help". Nor have I ever heard someone say "I have cancer and need eastern healing". This kind of thing doesn't happen and yet this eastern healing is still promoted as some sort of viable alternative to real medicine. Sadly, people with little or no hope are writting in to the internet in search of some sort of miracle. Worse yet, there are people on the internet, who probably flunked 9th grade biology, giving out advice to these people, and that's the worst of the worst, people thinking they are some sort of health and well being guru, actually qualified to give advise.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby joeblast » Wed May 16, 2012 4:08 pm

heh, the rarity of true juice
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Amaranth » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Just as a note to western vs. eastern healing and effectiveness - I believe they both have a time and place and often combining them brings the best results. That being said: I recommend everyone to read 'Mastering Miracles' by Dr. Hong Liu ... A practitioner of western medicine before training under Master Kwan for learning qigong. Great book, with the first half being an enjoyable and informative read on Dr. Hong Liu's background, and the second half having detailed lists of diet and qigong exercise regimens for many issues. Good luck.
Amaranth
Forum Contributor

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung