Breathing out on extension

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Breathing out on extension

Postby manaus » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:55 am

Hello,
while reading here and there about qigong exercises, I gathered a specific idea about breathing. Take for example baduanjin, the first one. When it extends, you retain breathing, and getting back to origin you exhale.
Now, trying the opposite, i.e. extending on breathing out, I get a very different feeling. That is of more clarity and aliveness. I'm interested in your opinions.
Thanks
manaus
Forum Regular

Re: Breathing out on extension

Postby joeblast » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:12 pm

It is a good sign you ask that, but the true depth of it will be revealed later on (provided you continue your training, of course.) It has to do with how to manifest energy in different fashions. So like once I was over a buddy's house and he had a fluke meter, I set it to ohms and put the prongs on my laogung points, and had to "manifest" this way or that in order to move around the value of the resistance. But it wasnt a thing where I could hold it at a certain value other than rest value, I could perturb it and then the value would waver back towards a nominal value. Clues ;)
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung