Mco on surface or below?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Mco on surface or below?

Postby manaus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:32 am

Hello,
watching one of the nice picture posted by joeblast
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7632#p31070
I could ask: is the energy flow on the skin? Or an inch below it? Where should I put my attention?
Thanks!
manaus
Forum Regular

Re: Mco on surface or below?

Postby joeblast » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:37 am

That's one of the things I liked about the method I presented, there was no worrying about details like this - just an energy center sequence that matches the breath's periodicity and proceeds according to the hexagram progression. Each stage of the sequence, imagine you have a teacher there and they point a stick at each point as you execute the mechanisms.

So once the capacity for more bandwidth is established, then it is unambiguous.

The normal contrived method of leading the qi along the path became exponentially clearer after having gained some experience with the 3dt method - so which method are you inquiring about, these are different approaches. Anyway...once one can very easily and smoothly feel the flow, I had to sit back and think about the question - because when I do that loop now, I just feel it and then motivate the qi along the pathway, there is no concern about where the exact path location is because it is lighted like an airport runway. It is under the skin but not too deep, but just like the location of the niwan, you can be told where it is but until you sit and find it for yourself, it will always have that layer of obscurity to it.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby sub_human » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Ever hit ur "funny bone"...? (Same depth as that tingle)
sub_human
Forum Contributor

Postby Dvivid » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 am

Hi, Good questions:

is the energy flow on the skin? Or an inch below it?

BOTH.

Look at this and think about it.

Along the centerline of the chest and the back, we have intersecting layers of tissue: muscles, tendons, and fascia, each with its own bioelectric properties. This is the basis of the microcosmic orbit. Your energy is not only within the tissue, and on the surface of the skin, but emanating beyond the physical body. First you feel it on the surface, and then it expands outward from the centerline.

Where should I put my attention?

The Yi leads the Qi. Your mind leads your energy. Energy follows consciousness. Wherever you "put" your mind, Qi will gather. So, move the mind along the orbit, to lead the Qi. And, always return it to the lower dan tian in the guts and hold it there when you finish.

Hope this helps.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby josemunoz63 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:52 am

According to TCM, there are different ways of manifesting and traveling for the Qi.

I simplify the question, in order to make it understable to those not familiarized with TCM

Wei Qi: it goes through the surface of the skin and or aprox 1 inch inside

Ying Qi: it goes through the acupunture vessels and channels. Depending on how deep it is located every channel, we can find: taiyan, shaoyan,e yanming, taiyin, shaoyin, jueyin. And after this, we find millions of tiny vessels, connecting every single cell which acts as a mini-battery.

For Qigong purposes we need all those Qi: the inner Qi Ying Qi and the outer Qi We Qi
Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby manaus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:10 am

Thanks for the replies guys
manaus
Forum Regular

Postby yeniseri » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:33 pm

josemunoz63 wrote:According to TCM, there are different ways of manifesting and traveling for the Qi.

I simplify the question, in order to make it understable to those not familiarized with TCM

Wei Qi: it goes through the surface of the skin and or aprox 1 inch inside

Ying Qi: it goes through the acupunture vessels and channels. Depending on how deep it is located every channel, we can find: taiyan, shaoyan,e yanming, taiyin, shaoyin, jueyin. And after this, we find millions of tiny vessels, connecting every single cell which acts as a mini-battery.

For Qigong purposes we need all those Qi: the inner Qi Ying Qi and the outer Qi We Qi

My view is somewhat different perspective!
One needs to do nothing with qi but it is influenced by sanbao and it is help by nutrition, activity and health. I cannot do anything with weiqi BUT again pai da (through rubbing, tapping, pushing, etc I can influence 'flow'. Again todos tenemeos el qi como parte de nuestro mundo personal, o mejor dicho, es algo que nace con nosotros. If we do not have qi then we are dead, I would conversely think.

Blood is the mother of qi so I deduce if we have better 'flow' we better the qi of the body, whether by nutrition, level of activity or state of health.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung