wu xing qigong - 5 element qigong

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

wu xing qigong - 5 element qigong

Postby vvanesse59 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:29 pm

I have been beginning study of 5 element(phases) and during my looking about I found wu xin qigong - most notably on youtube. After looking at about a dozen different "versions" I began to wonder where all these folks got their routines from. So, my question for the minute is: where can a person find THE wu xing qigong routine? Or is there such a thing? :?:
vvanesse59
Forum Contributor

Re: wu xing qigong - 5 element qigong

Postby joeblast » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:30 am

I think that's kinda like asking for the recipe for "THE chicken soup" :lol:

The 5 phases ambiguate to enough of an extent that many different practices cultivate certain things, and mostly they can be classified under the wu xing principles. Different people have developed different exercises that focus on different particulars, so it is a pertinent question to ask if one has any specific things one needs to work on and tailor exercises toward that direction.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby vvanesse59 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:40 pm

Tnx JB What you say makes perfect sense. I think I was looking for a particular set like 8 brocades. After I had posted the ? I kinda wondered if what I had been seeing was a set using meridians connected with the respective organs- and as I remembered later there can be diff movements to accomplish that. I see even more clearly after reading your reply. Tnx again Vic
vvanesse59
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:57 am

a LOT of this is also contained within the depths of baguazhang ;) check out tom bisio's circle walking nei gung book if interested, much detail on linking the 8 mother palms concept with meridian flows and such. and circle walking is such a GREAT exercise :)

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/2bhvg6od ... agua_1.flv
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung