Closing MCO

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Closing MCO

Postby manaus » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 pm

Hello,
how do you close MCO? I bring attention to lower dantian, and keep attention there for 5-6 seconds.
But, just after that, if I happen to move my attention to other parts of the body, I think I spoiled it. So no way to lock qi there and then forget it.

Thanks for any suggestion
manaus
Forum Regular

Re: Closing MCO

Postby joeblast » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:34 am

I mention the method in my 3 dantiens MCO thread - keep the awareness focused, the ending is hexagram 2 related, receptive, the field...all yin inhale and exhale, attain utter and complete stillness. When doing MCO that is the active portion of the session, so after closing that, no more active portions to the session, all passive and disappear into stillness. 5 to 6 seconds may not be enough time...how long are you doing MCO for? Any stillness should at the very minimum be of same duration as the active portion of the session, the more the better.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby manaus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:29 am

Reminds me of some yoga practices where the body needs to resettle and reabsorb the energies you've been stirring through the asanas.

Thanks!
manaus
Forum Regular

Postby joeblast » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:06 am

Yup, the deep stillness is the best method to integrate the energies of ANY energetic practice! :mrgreen:
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung