MCO and moving energy

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

MCO and moving energy

Postby manaus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:20 am

Hello,
very recurrent teaching of MCO is that of moving energy with the intention. Some other say that the feeling of energy running in the MCO is very distinct. My experience is that I cannot really feel the energy, but there is a heightening of sensitivity in the area where I put my 'eye of the mind'.
Question: is it correct to do the MCO moving such feeling?

Btw concentrating on a point is tiring, I manage to concentrate without strain on a bigger area, say 10-15 cm (4-6 inches), depending on the spot.

Thanks for any suggestion
manaus
Forum Regular

Re: MCO and moving energy

Postby joeblast » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:19 pm

I always found that method to feel contrived and fake ish before having cultivated some measure of opening to it. Its like how to get experience without a job, how to get a job without experience :lol: Did you read my dantiens method?
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby manaus » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks joeblast,
my understanding is that that you cannot really make any energy work if there is some major tension in the body. It's like trying to direct a classical music quartet having a loud larsen effect in the room. Nuances are strength.
Mr. Chia brings in the inner smile practice, which I really never understood: moving the smile energy in the body to neutralize tensions... well for me it just doesn't work.
manaus
Forum Regular

Postby joeblast » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:50 am

I try to avoid using absolute terms like "any" when describing this stuff. Good, better, best. Of course with no tensions at all it'll be more productive, but part of moving things is establishing flows and cultivating them.
If inner smile doesnt work, have you tried healing sounds? Have you ever tried the white skeleton meditation, for that matter?
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung