Learning Nei Dan in China

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Learning Nei Dan in China

Postby Vuk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:41 am

Dear friends,

As probably many of you interested in Qigong and Taoism, for years I have been thinking about what could I learn in China.

I've heard many stories: as you probably know, the most illusion-breaking version is that everything traditional got lost, and that the existing sources of knowledge are directly controlled by the government, or simplified and ready-made for inexperienced foreigners.
For example, I have been told that Wudang Shan, once a holly Taoist site, became one of these money-making centers. I don't know about Emei Shan, or other notorious Taoist mountains, but i read that during the Cultural revolution, all that was worth got lost, burned, or banned.

Another brighter version says that with enough luck, you might make friends with people whose family passed teachings for ages, who are willing to teach you.

Well, since I am learning Mandarin in a free university course, there is a chance to get a scholarship to go study in China. If I get this chance, I would do my best to find something worth learning, avoiding wasting time and money on charlatans or on superficial ready-made teachings.

For those of you who might have relevant experiences in regard, i ask you to give me an advice, since I am very sincere and dedicated in my studies, and I do not want to lose time, energy, but neither a possible chance to learn.

P.S. What do you think about Wang Liping and his Dragon Gate academy? Here are some testimonials referring to his 10 days intensive seminar http://dragongate-academy.org/Success_Stories.html
Vuk
Forum User

Re: Learning Nei Dan in China

Postby joeblast » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:30 am

One doesnt have to travel to China to learn good methods ;) Practice diligently, that will get you where you need to go. There is nothing preposterously complex about this stuff...the challenge is just integrating well into your life and practicing diligently. One of my teachers is in China, but he doesnt plan on staying there, especially after having those 500+ air quality smogs roll into town. He said one of them, they mined coal that had uranium in it and he had dren coming out of his nose that looked like it was from a yellow highlighter :x They would joke that you cant even see uncle mao's face at arm's length (think 100rmb note!)
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Re: Learning Nei Dan in China

Postby Vuk » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Yeah, I agree. Thank you again!
Vuk
Forum User

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung