Embrionic breathing and small circulation side effect

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Embrionic breathing and small circulation side effect

Postby Olivier_lezard » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:54 am

Greating.

First, English aren't my principal language in day to day living, it's possible then some grammatical mistakes goes in.

I've experiment some basic internal qi-gong exercices in the past few months. Regulating the breath and the mind kind of. I'm a autodidact ( i don't know the exact term in english). I've learn the theory and basic with some books of Dr. Yang.

Yesterday, I had particularly upset for some reason at my work. I isolate myself and begin normal breathing exercises to calm myself. And then try to push the tension at my middle dantian to my lower dan dian. After that, I begin to circulate this tension in the small circulation path. Of cource with the Huiyin coordination. After 15 min my angry mood dismiss and my brain feel like I take a nap of 3 hours. That's was awesome.

This night, I can't sleep no more than 5 hours. It's strange because I've a big day at work and a big week also. I drink one beer before bed... It's possible than the internal qi-gong work I've had reduce my need of sleep?

All light of your knowledge are welcome.

Olivier G.Lacroix
Olivier_lezard
Just Arrived

Re: Embrionic breathing and small circulation side effect

Postby joeblast » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:37 pm

I had a performance last night, and was sure to sit for 15 minutes beforehand ;)

yes, the additional energy will wax and wane like anything else along with how much sleep you need. I usually take that time before bed and stretch it with meditation and then lay down for sleep after the relative yang within yin of the session has passed,

good stuff - additional energy, increased metabolism, less need for sleep (just dont rely too much on the internal methods, get your exercise in and the results will leverage and multiply one another) and faster healing are all results of good correct diligent practice.

ice 3 feet deep does not form after one bitter cold night, so keep up the good work and stay diligent. and be sure to spend at least an equal amount of time in deep stillness after having done active energetic exercises in a session, that is important.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung