Found a dead-link? Have a suggestion? Something you don't like, something to contribute? Leave your ideas, info or suggestions.

Postby Tarandus » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:35 pm

I'm having problems uploading an avatar. Perhaps it's just not meant to be. I've resized various images on my computer to make them fit the pixel specification, but even then, I keep getting a notice containing information I can't understand, then the information disappears after a couple of seconds. I have searched the archive and found that someone had a similar problem a while back, but it was resolved. Can anyone please help out with this? Many thanks, T.
Tarandus
Forum Guru

Postby trimax » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:14 pm

Looking into it. Will post a reply shortly.
trimax
Admin

Postby Tarandus » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:21 pm

Tony: thanks a lot. The message I was referring to I will try to reproduce below in the hope that it might help.

N0M4D
Forum Addict

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:15 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The options are there, but I get somekind of error when I try to upload tue image (this shows up at the top of the page, after I have hit 'submit'):

Warning: copy(./images/avatars***/152********************.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/www/users/****/****school/phpbb2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/****/****school/phpbb2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /usr/www/users/****/****school/phpbb2/includes/page_header.php on line 464

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/****/****school/phpbb2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /usr/www/users/****/****school/phpbb2/includes/page_header.php on line 466

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/****/****school/phpbb2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /usr/www/users/****/****school/phpbb2/includes/page_header.php on line 467

Edited by Site Admin ****

"I don't know Karate, but I know Ca-razy, and I'm not afraid to use it." - Roy O'Bannon, Shanghai Noon
(thanks for the head's up, John )

This message contains an error message stream which looks very similar to the one I received, which, as I said, disappeared after a couple of seconds. The problem was resolved back then, so I hope this information will help in solving it now. Thanks again, T.
'Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions. Live the questions now. You will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.' Rainer Maria Rilke.
Tarandus
Forum Guru

Postby trimax » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm

Tarandus & Inga,

The problem should now be solved. Calling ALL AVATARS into scene!! Please upload at will!

-Tony
trimax
Admin

Postby Tarandus » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:15 pm

Trimax: thank you very much for solving the problem. I have now successfully uploaded my chosen Avatar! If I might explain the significance of it: it's a reindeer, my favourite animal and the scientific name for the animal is Rangifer Tarandus . The image also relates to Taoist meditation, the three stages of which are represented in a diagram called 'The Three Stages of Meditation', from the meditation treatise 'Hsin Ming Kuei Ch'i'. In the first stage, during which conscious thought is required, the cart in the diagram is pulled by a sheep, and in the second stage, during which a flow of warmth is perceived, it is pulled by a reindeer. (In the third stage, it is pulled by a cow). Once again, many thanks for taking the time to solve this problem. Kind regards, T.
'Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions. Live the questions now. You will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.' Rainer Maria Rilke.
Tarandus
Forum Guru

Postby Inga » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Cheers Tony :)
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

Return to About the Website