The meaning of life.

Use this topic to discuss themes not related to martial arts. Everyone needs to chat sometimes, discuss some personal ideas, maybe talk about movies or music, please use this topic for that, so we can keep all other themes on the Martial Arts topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

The meaning of life.

Postby Phalanxpursos » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:59 pm

This is my impression of the meaning of life.

Dignity is the meaning of life, when life loses it's dignity it also loses it's meaning. Those who are concerned about the dignity of someone else, give meaning to someone else's life.

Confucius wrote:

"By three methods we may obtain wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by immitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is bitterest."

It was the bitter way which learned me that the quality of all life is worthy of honor & respect, it is difficult for me to explain why I am convinced that dignity is the meaning of life because of the tragedies which occurred for me to develop such a line of thought.

Philosophically I consider myself to be a Federal Syncretist.

My concerns go out for the synchronization between various religions, cultures & schools of thought without losing their individual independence, so the readers are welcome to post their own impression of the meaning of life here in this topic.

Question to the readers:

What is your impression of the meaning of life ?
Strategemata Liber Secundus;
"VIII: Restore Morale with Firmness"
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby angryboy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:48 am

:) i think experience give the power to orientate in the life, child cah be very trully, but if somebody gives him bombons - he will get it in dependant on result of his actions... Very experienced person can try to evaluate or prognose such result refuse from such actions.. There are also peoples with quite different abilities, but it is other story perhaps? :o 8) :oops: It is better sometimes to try as think about some situations several years or more :D :shock: if some peoples get some abilties the logic of life is perhaps sometimes destroyed.... he think i can see... means i knows all, but it seems "see" can be quite different... in general sense, carlos Castaneda and Theun Mares described that during death (short moment) the peoples see "real" life and "real meaning" of different situations in life..., lessons that schould be learned, errors that were made and not fulfilled destiny.. It is from the book's reading, they use special technics to find the "meaning" during the life, in order to be not too late 8) such theory.... :idea:
looking for something, that i don't know ald looking for my errors in past. thanks for corrections!
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby angryboy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:02 am

looking for something, that i don't know ald looking for my errors in past. thanks for corrections!
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby angryboy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:04 am

:) also version, but what is real? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzmbGs9jUcs :o
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby angryboy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:31 am

angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby angryboy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:36 am

do yo have good sense from film "hot shot" (only joke)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIbB8f6C ... ed&search=
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby Phalanxpursos » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:27 pm

I'm sorry angryboy.

My computer is defect, switch on, restart & snooze shortcircuited. Therefor I work on OS 9.1 from 2001, I can't watch youtube anymore. But I made some movies on there, let's continue talking about personal philosophies and other people their impressions of the meaning of life.

Thanks for the replies.
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby angryboy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:11 am

:o never mind, perhaps it is not for you! or internet cafe is good alternative, but costs more money! :P It were the parts of films naked gun, hot shot and rambo in afganistan! 8)
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby Tarandus » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:28 pm

‘And who knows if he is wise he is wise or foolish? And how can I tell if there is any profit from all my toil and from all my philosophising under the sun? This too, is futility .... Surely what is good for a man is what has been eaten and drunk by him and what will reveal good to his soul in his endeavours? Moreover I saw that this is from the hand of God.’

Ecclesiastes, 2: 19 and 24.
'Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions. Live the questions now. You will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.' Rainer Maria Rilke.
Tarandus
Forum Guru

Postby Phalanxpursos » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:25 am

The quality of all life is worthy of honor & respect, but not always everyone's actions are indeed worthy of honor & respect. Even when someone's actions are not worthy of honor & respect, still the quality of their life remains worthy of honor & respect. This means that after criminals have been found guilty and punished, they still should be treated with dignity.
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby angryboy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:19 pm

8) looking for my errors... How can i find them? 8)
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby angryboy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:25 am

Hi, personal treatments with master are very important - i think. How some peoples got very high skil??? Some professional sportmans train very intensively but stay only on level of physical force. The master during the meeting process the "pupil" as processing of not proccessed diamant. So the master allready has structure -the master look like procced diamant... The "pupil" can have high potential, but only master can process this "raw" diamant, to create structure and so... So some peoples visited some "great" masters and then with time made very deep progress in own skill... Why, the masters have given them during the meeting something, that they perhaps could not mark, but with time this "given" brought their fruits... Such my oppinion about meaning of life and meeting with masters... You can meet master also in tram, and you will never know, who has really given you structure... Only my oppinion!
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby angryboy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:32 am

Hi, if some "developments" are only illusion of development or enlightment in definite "systems" because of limited point of perception, does the end of film "tiger and dragon" means than real reality??? Tiger is yang and the dragon is yin...
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby Phalanxpursos » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:21 am

angryboy wrote:Tiger is yang and the dragon is yin...

I know this story, here is my answer;
Both Yin & Yang are extreme, Wuji is No Extremity.
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby angryboy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:49 am

If you really know this story than i'm your pupil... only joke... In real life the occupation dictate very frequently the propotion between yin and yang, mind, heart and sexuell center, so some people must look for compensation of disproportion after the job in their free time...
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby angryboy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:55 am

Sme peoples are fat and some are thin. In the book about 5 elements coocking was said, it is because of disbalance of chi in spleen. In other book, it is because the gland in throat. Activated too much -you are thin (everything burned too fast), not activated - fat... :lol:
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby Phalanxpursos » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:53 pm

angryboy wrote:chi

I call Chi; Harmony.
So when I'm talking about Harmony, it's like I'm talking about the workings of God.
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby angryboy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:43 am

some peoles say that each people is universum. I don't know in what grad it is truth... Shamanen live also in harmony, but other peoples say it is not real, or the point of perception is too limited
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby angryboy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:46 am

angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby angryboy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:12 am

Thanks for the forum and thanks participants!
angryboy
Forum Addict

Next

Return to General Chat