Hibernation breathing

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Hibernation breathing

Postby josemunoz63 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:21 am

Is there any one who can advise me on a good link about hibernation breathing ? From chinese or hinduist source

Jose Munoz[/quote]
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:56 am

A lot of the breathing, longevity breathing methods I've discussed will be a lot of what's focused on if you wish for the dragon to nurture the pearl ;)

You have to peel back those layers of the onion. Regulate signals until a measure of control is obtained, then through focused aware repetition those signals are attenuated until the background becomes the foreground; the foreground having faded into nothingness. With the new set of signals to focus on and attenuate, you get to work again and and again until you discover truly profound stillness.

Necessary to "build your dantien," also ;) Energetic events are integrated in stillness, which is why stillness is always recommended after "activity."
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:35 am

joeblast

Thanks for your answer, but I was looking for something more prosaic . In a first level by hibernation breathing I was trying to get reduction of metabolism up to a very low level. For this reason I was wondering if there is anyone who may advise about some specific technique.

Best Regards
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:51 am

but that is the specific technique. a specific technique. ;) "at least for the first few levels." harmonizing the breath increases the energetic efficiency, initiating breath from the diaphragm-psoas overlap so as to relax the foramen-passageways for the aorta, esophagus, nerves etc combined with completely relaxed sinuses (=air movement is only performed by the diaphragm's wave-movement and bronchi, throat, sinuses, nose etc are completely relaxed, it is the way to eliminate turbulence in the air passages) not only calms motion around the zang but leads to the zang themselves shifting to that state of increased efficiency and lesser consumption. the calming motion seems to induce a harmonious wave that propagates up the vagus nerve (which passes through the esophageal foramen) and serves to regulate endocrine function - the cranial nerves rest right on top of the midbrain, sandwiched in between it and the upper brain - one trunk is vagus but the others are sense - olfactory, optic, taste, etc. That's why you restrain the senses in meditation. Lots of "crosstalk" come from the senses...one set of nerves firing induces others to fire, although of course there's order to that progression and its not haphazard.

spend a certain amount of time regularly, observe the interaction of the physical and spend some of that time actively trying to execute a "perfect breath" having all physical components harmonized and at a maxima of efficiency. the more/better you are able to perform that, the better you will be able to let go of all of that later on.

I'm sure there's more hurdles to overcome after the 1:15ish I've accomplished in the past, but its quite profound even getting just there and the above is most of what you need to get there.

complimentary exercises like the healing sounds are a good addition.

do you feel you're missing something to get there?
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:54 am

joeblast

thanks for your extremely complete answer, I feel this is the way. However I would like to ask for an additional question. In connection with similar hibernation breathing techniques in India, Do you have some information in China about long fasting times ( more than 2 months without risk ) helped by hibernation breathing super low metabolism ?

Best Regards
Jose Muñoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:27 am

I've experienced those interesting metabolic boosts, they begun happening when I was regularly breathing 50 seconds or so. its not "super low" it just becomes more, and more, and more efficient - it actually feels like it is running quickly as if on a good workout regimen, counterintuitive as though that may seem. I'm not sure of further extrapolations of this since I have only tread a relatively short distance down that path, e.g. what's the next level of manifestation...things start to happen around 25-30 second breaths...more things happen around 50....a bit more at 1:15 or so...although BK Frantzis gave general 'milestones' of 30, 2 min, 5 min breaths. fantastically long!

I havent really heard of much longer than a month or so, at least from "normal folk" :lol: of course if you reach an extremely high level of it, it may be possible. the only methods I've heard of that may take you to longer duration is adding sungazing, maybe check out Hiram Matek...I havent done much sungazing but the little I have was enjoyable, but very yang so that also must be proceeded with expeditiously.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:48 am

Joeblast

thanks for your answer. I am now at 40 seconds per breath getting aprox 30 heart pulses per minute. Nice calmly sensation.

I will check the sungazing

Best Regards
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:59 pm

good stuff! dont be overly concerned with the actual times, dont bother checking very often, just enjoy the practice! let me know what other things you notice ;)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Re: Hibernation breathing

Postby josemunoz63 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 am

Joeblast

I must thank you for your suggestion about sungazing and HRM. I have been deeply researching about this practice and it is really incredible, I think it's a MUST for everybody and may help any Qigong practice

Thanks and Regards

Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby Dvivid » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:14 am

Jose, would you please post a summary of how you practice sungazing, and your experience please?
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby josemunoz63 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Dvivid;

The best protocol to be followed is the one promoted by master Hira Ratan Manek. You can find plenty of information in internet. Really is a MUST.

In my case, and in view that for the moment I have not time enough to follow the full protocol, I started at 10 second the 1st day looking directly at the sun, increasing 10 seconds every day till I reached 2 minutes. Since that day 1 month ago, what I did is to look at the sun 2 minutes every day.

Attention: you must look directly at the sun only in safe hours: 1 hour after sunrise and 1 hour before sunset.

In this way you can improve the activation of pineal gland and really improve the embrionic breathing, and a lot of other incredible things

Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby josemunoz63 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Dvivid;

Sorry, I forgot to tell express my experience:

Only with those 2 minutes every day:

Really more happy, better relation with the others, mental clarity, more concentration, more energy, absolutely better disposal for meditation, less fears...

Really a gift

Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:57 am

at some point I'll get around to this one ;)
Last edited by joeblast on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Joeblast

What is the reason for this turn around ?

Regards

Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:00 pm

its a yinyang thing, sort of like pausing a hot shower to crank the cold then back, but different, more profound. I dont want to say tooo much ;) ever looked at an image intently and then closed your eyes?
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:50 am

Joeblast

I will see what happens !!

Regards

Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung