Chronic Fatigue - What to do ???

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Chronic Fatigue - What to do ???

Postby shinobi » Tue May 29, 2012 9:37 am

Hello.

For years I suffer from deep chronic mental fatigue.
Two months ago I started doing 8 section brocade + 15 minutes of zhan-zhuang EVERY morning AND evening. I DONT FEEL ANY IMPROVEMENTS. All I feel is that
I'm just a little bit more relaxed. But thats not what I need. I need to be mentally active and focused.
Instead I feel like a walking zombie (as I was before just more relaxed) I have no medical problems, checked everything.

Maybe the routine I choosed is not appropriate for my problem. Maybe I need something more intense plus maybe I also need internal elixir (but I am just a newbie).
I thought of changing my routine to the following:

Morning:
Small circulation meditation
Full Yi Jin Jing

Evening:
Some intense art (hung gar OR xing yi OR white crane ...etc)

This chronic fatigue become unbearable. Please advice me how to build my daily routine.
Thank you.
shinobi
Forum User

Re: Chronic Fatigue - What to do ???

Postby Dvivid » Tue May 29, 2012 11:50 am

Hello, welcome. I am happy to meet you.

Of course, everyone will first say go to your Doctor! Assuming you have done so...

1. Stop ejaculating. Sorry to be so abrupt, but its the plain truth. You need those hormones, so you must abstain to recuperate.

2. The Yi leads the Qi. Your intention leads your energy. So, your mind needs to be stronger first, in order to generate a stronger flow of energy. Mind over matter. Be positive. Decide you are feeling healthy, now in the present. And once you have a habit of that positive reinforcement, focus more on feeling it than thinking.

3. "Thinking" is the conscious monkey mind. "Feeling" is the subconscious wisdom mind. Relax as deeply as you can, and it can result in a healthy brainwave shift that improves your body chemistry. (learn about "The Biology of Belief", epigenetics and psychoneuroimmunology, for a Western medical view of the same physiological process)

4. Focus on what makes you happy, and meditate on that. Spirit/Shen relates to your morale. Your spirit is the general, the four gates in the hands and feet are castles, and your Qi are the soldiers. The higher your spirit, the more motivated your circulation is.

5. You are what you eat. A lot of commonly available food is now toxic. You need higher quality energy from your food and water. that means food in its most natural state, full of energy from the sun. Organically-grown, no additives of any kind. Nature knows best. We are seriously out of whack nowadays.

The above needs to be addressed before any elixir of vitality can be a possibility.

Chronic Fatigue is a very real epidemic right now, and we need to expend more effort in modern times to improve our health and vitality. Qigong is the perfect way to do so, in conjunction with healthy diet and other important exercise, like WALKING. It is crucial to walk at least 30 minutes a day.

When you feel tired, it can seem ridiculous to try and 'strengthen from within', but that is what really helps. Im suggesting a comfortable mix of mental exercises, a walking regimen, and a little more qigong practice.

What do you eat?
Health habits?
How is your mind?
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby shinobi » Tue May 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Dvivid wrote:Hello, welcome. I am happy to meet you.

Of course, everyone will first say go to your Doctor! Assuming you have done so...

1. Stop ejaculating. Sorry to be so abrupt, but its the plain truth. You need those hormones, so you must abstain to recuperate.

2. The Yi leads the Qi. Your intention leads your energy. So, your mind needs to be stronger first, in order to generate a stronger flow of energy. Mind over matter. Be positive. Decide you are feeling healthy, now in the present. And once you have a habit of that positive reinforcement, focus more on feeling it than thinking.

3. "Thinking" is the conscious monkey mind. "Feeling" is the subconscious wisdom mind. Relax as deeply as you can, and it can result in a healthy brainwave shift that improves your body chemistry. (learn about "The Biology of Belief", epigenetics and psychoneuroimmunology, for a Western medical view of the same physiological process)

4. Focus on what makes you happy, and meditate on that. Spirit/Shen relates to your morale. Your spirit is the general, the four gates in the hands and feet are castles, and your Qi are the soldiers. The higher your spirit, the more motivated your circulation is.

5. You are what you eat. A lot of commonly available food is now toxic. You need higher quality energy from your food and water. that means food in its most natural state, full of energy from the sun. Organically-grown, no additives of any kind. Nature knows best. We are seriously out of whack nowadays.

The above needs to be addressed before any elixir of vitality can be a possibility.

Chronic Fatigue is a very real epidemic right now, and we need to expend more effort in modern times to improve our health and vitality. Qigong is the perfect way to do so, in conjunction with healthy diet and other important exercise, like WALKING. It is crucial to walk at least 30 minutes a day.

When you feel tired, it can seem ridiculous to try and 'strengthen from within', but that is what really helps. Im suggesting a comfortable mix of mental exercises, a walking regimen, and a little more qigong practice.

What do you eat?
Health habits?
How is your mind?

First of all, thank you for a detailed information !

About the ejuculation, I hope my wife will not run away ;) But I agree,
after sex people feel tired (I know that it has nothing to do with the "intensity". Ejuculation make everybody feel tired).

About food, I feel extremely tired after I eat meat or beans. So for the last 2 weeks I try to eat only all kind of raw nuts, organic leaves, goat yogurt (light and healthy food)

About my habits, I'm software engineer, so all the day I sit infront of computer (well, except of half hour morning qigong, and half hour evening qigong)

You asked about my mind. As you understand, my profession requires it. I have good logic and memory.
But it's something else, it's like my mind HAS NO POWER SUPPLY. Mind is not alert, not focused, very tired.
For example, if you drink VERY strong coffee, imagine this feeling, so I have costantly the OPPOSING feeling.

Your advices sound great. Can you please be more detailed about "more qigong". What daily
qigong routine you advice for my problem ?

Thank You.
Last edited by shinobi on Tue May 29, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinobi
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Tue May 29, 2012 1:19 pm

The Eight Brocades standing is a perfect daily regimen. Also, Soft White Crane qigong, and/or Tai Chi Ball. Anything that involves waving the spine to wake it up and strengthen the Governing vessel in your back.

Walk every day, especially when you don't want to. I never regret going for a walk. I always feel better.

Use it or lose it.
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby sub_human » Tue May 29, 2012 5:04 pm

Try self massage for a week...
sub_human
Forum Contributor

Postby wpgtaiji » Tue May 29, 2012 10:21 pm

shinobi wrote:Hello.

For years I suffer from deep chronic mental fatigue.
Two months ago I started doing 8 section brocade + 15 minutes of zhan-zhuang EVERY morning AND evening. I DONT FEEL ANY IMPROVEMENTS. All I feel is that
I'm just a little bit more relaxed. But thats not what I need. I need to be mentally active and focused.
Instead I feel like a walking zombie (as I was before just more relaxed) I have no medical problems, checked everything.

Maybe the routine I choosed is not appropriate for my problem. Maybe I need something more intense plus maybe I also need internal elixir (but I am just a newbie).
I thought of changing my routine to the following:

Morning:
Small circulation meditation
Full Yi Jin Jing

Evening:
Some intense art (hung gar OR xing yi OR white crane ...etc)

This chronic fatigue become unbearable. Please advice me how to build my daily routine.
Thank you.

I am not a doctor, but as I understand it, chronic fatigue is a yin deficiency, so the sex part is important. What I am wondering is if you are draining the good you are doing in the morning qigong with the "intense" stuff at night?

In his book, 12 Most deadly kata, Erle talks about a qigong that works on chronic fatigue syndrome, and it balances the Lung qi. It is very similar to the beginning movements of a good Yang style taiji form. It is only one of 12 methods, which should be done together to make sure the qi in ALL the meridians are balanced.

How are you doing the small circle meditation? Its just one area I wonder about because, if you are not doing it correctly, or are not ready for it internally, it could be a reason.
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby shinobi » Wed May 30, 2012 1:02 am

wpgtaiji wrote:I am not a doctor, but as I understand it, chronic fatigue is a yin deficiency, so the sex part is important. What I am wondering is if you are draining the good you are doing in the morning qigong with the "intense" stuff at night?

In his book, 12 Most deadly kata, Erle talks about a qigong that works on chronic fatigue syndrome, and it balances the Lung qi. It is very similar to the beginning movements of a good Yang style taiji form. It is only one of 12 methods, which should be done together to make sure the qi in ALL the meridians are balanced.

How are you doing the small circle meditation? Its just one area I wonder about because, if you are not doing it correctly, or are not ready for it internally, it could be a reason.

I don't do any internal elixir yet because I'm a beginner qigong practitioner. This is my routine
for the last 2 months (before that, I didn't did any physical activity)

I do every day (morning AND evening):
1. Ba Duan Jin - according to YMAA
2. 15 minutes zhan zhuang - according to "The Way of Energy" book by dr. Lam.
I stand in 5 different poses sequence - 3 minutes each pose (from yesterday, I begun doing
this for 30 minutes each time).

As Mr.Dvivid advice me, thank you Mr. Dvivid, I will start walking each day for at least half an hour. I think my qigong routine is good, BUT my body needs more dynamic routine. What I do
is very static. Ba Duan Jin is short session of slow movements. In zhan-zhuang, there is no movement at all (although it's not easy physical exercises sequence. Try it you'll feel what I'm talking about). I afraid there will be no choice, I will have to do practice once a day qigong and once a day some external wushu to get enough intensity and blood flow (something like the white crane or hung gar).
shinobi
Forum User

Postby sengtsan » Wed May 30, 2012 5:33 am

Hi shinobi,

I have had good results overcoming fatigue with zhan zhuang in only 3 weeks of practice. But I think you should really follow carefully the steps given by Lam Kam Chuen since you have his book. I mean standing in one single position until you reach 20mn before standing in a new one until your reach 20mn.
Linking up 5 different poses comes only after you have worked on each pose for a consistent amount of time. You will get very little benefit in you stand for 3mn in each pose because you don't have cleared your channels enough.

If you add YMAA baduanjin to this, you have a very good qigong routine to begin with. I find Dr Yang version superior to all versions I came across.

I would also go to an acupuncturist, and take care of my Liver energetic system since you are working a lot behing a computer and hence potentially weakening it by using a lot your eyes. Have you suffered from ocular fatigue before or computer related nervous symptoms?

Best
sengtsan
Forum Addict

Postby shinobi » Wed May 30, 2012 7:38 am

sengtsan wrote:Hi shinobi,

I have had good results overcoming fatigue with zhan zhuang in only 3 weeks of practice. But I think you should really follow carefully the steps given by Lam Kam Chuen since you have his book. I mean standing in one single position until you reach 20mn before standing in a new one until your reach 20mn.
Linking up 5 different poses comes only after you have worked on each pose for a consistent amount of time. You will get very little benefit in you stand for 3mn in each pose because you don't have cleared your channels enough.

If you add YMAA baduanjin to this, you have a very good qigong routine to begin with. I find Dr Yang version superior to all versions I came across.

I would also go to an acupuncturist, and take care of my Liver energetic system since you are working a lot behing a computer and hence potentially weakening it by using a lot your eyes. Have you suffered from ocular fatigue before or computer related nervous symptoms?

Best

Hi.
You are correct about zhan zhuang. (I have just reread the chapter). The following session must be done for at least first half year:
1.WU-CHI (few minutes)
2.HOLD THE BALOON IN FRONT OF YOUR CHEST (progress to 20 minutes)
3.WU-CHI (few minutes)

About eyes fatigue, it's mild (every one will have some after 9 hours infront of comp').
Much more bothering me is that after sitting hours infront of comp', I feel like I have no physical brain. Just a HEAVY FOG. No thinking, no focus, no alertness. It's like having a CPU working on just 10% of it's power. And no, I don't "overuse" my brain during the work. It has something to do with the "just sitting and interneting" for 9+ hours a day.

About the liver, I guess it is naturally weak. I had hepatitis when I was 6. I'm healthy (including liver function), but I "know" that the liver is "weak". When I eat fried/junk/cheese , my cholesterol jumps (it's a clear proof that the liver is working hard to clear the saturated fat).
I regulary drink lemons, high quality extra virgin olive oil, spring water. Eat red grapefruits. So I'm sure that the liver is pretty much "clean". MAYBE it is working wrong on energetic level (qi stagnation).
I did accupancture 2 years ago, about 15 sessions (native chinese doctor from Beijing with a lot of recomendations and all the diplomas in the world, large clinic). It did nothing to me. Waste of time and money.

I am sure that the real solution will be from within myself. As I will advance in qigong I will create good qi circularity in all channels (I hope so).
Thanks for the zhan-zhuang routine fix !
shinobi
Forum User

Postby Phalanxpursos » Wed May 30, 2012 7:57 am

Have you heard about Heavy Metal Detox?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_detoxification

Turns out to be that people keep feeling sick and that medication doesn't work, doctors have been debating and it turns out to be oxidation inside the body resulting from air pollution (etc). Natural detox doesn't remove heavy metals, therefor do you heavy metal detox. There is natural detox, organic detox and heavy metal detox, organix detox is also a heavy metal detox.

Well you should just go to a herbal store and ask if they have Heavy Metal Detox.

Chlorella Organix Detox;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorella

Spirulina Food Supplement;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirulina_ ... supplement)
Strategemata Liber Secundus;
"VIII: Restore Morale with Firmness"
Phalanxpursos
Forum Guru

Postby sengtsan » Wed May 30, 2012 1:43 pm

shinobi wrote:Hi.
You are correct about zhan zhuang. (I have just reread the chapter). The following session must be done for at least first half year:
1.WU-CHI (few minutes)
2.HOLD THE BALOON IN FRONT OF YOUR CHEST (progress to 20 minutes)
3.WU-CHI (few minutes)

Actually, you can begin with progressing up to 20mn in Wu-Chi. Then to go the the third posture ( hold the baloon in front of the belly )building up to 20 mn and then to the second posture ( in front of the chest) .
This is what I have done, following a sequence given by Lam Kam Chuen in another book (the way of healing). This sequence is easier to follow IME and makes it quite progressive so that you won't be discouraged.

Given that you are staying behind a screen for 9 hours a day, I really second the advice given by Dvivid about some outdoor moderate physical activity like walking in nature and awakening all your senses :D

Keep us posted about how you are doing!
sengtsan
Forum Addict

Postby joeblast » Thu May 31, 2012 7:13 am

Good stuff! :)

Once the alignments are complete, focus on the internal mechanations of breathing using reverse breath. The psoas muscle connects to the femur and acts sort of like a lever, so lifting/firming the perineum on the inhale 'crosses' and leverages with the psoas, as the diaphragm descends during this yang phase, put the focus at the center (centerline, dantien, different aspects can be focused on,) after the muscles have shaken away their contempt for an isometric exercise you will start noticing the "upgrades to bandwith" that start taking place because of a good regimen. For me awakening the central channel a bit helps produce the purifying phenomena in meditation, e.g. (zheng) qi arising in the central channel and spilling over the yang channels, emptying the sinuses, making tears flow, salivation. (Although I am not certain to what extent other practices have produced such things...but standing properly or sitting, bringing the focus where it is needed first stills then produces energetic movement from within the stillness once there is enough energy for the impetus to manifest.)

The other postures are good, but more fundamental is to simply stand, make it into a core/breathing exercise and time flies when you're having fun 8)
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby pete5770 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 am

shinobi wrote:........ I have no medical problems, checked everything.

I would ask what you mean by "checked everything"?
Also, who "checked everything"?
:? :?
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby shinobi » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:53 am

pete5770 wrote:

Hi.

I did all possible blood tests (all general blood counts, organs functions like liver kidneys etc, all possible blood vitamin counts).
No real medical problems. I have some deficit of vitamin D, thats why for the last week I do morning walking without a shirt to absorb sun light.
Also all my life I had "weak" liver. Although blood test always showed perfect liver function, when I ate junk my cholesterol jumped up, a proof that liver is "weak" and cannot handle well with saturated fats (I think it is "weak" because I had hepatitis when I was a kid). So I always "clean" my liver by things like "extra virgin olive oil + lemons + spring water". Eating organic green lives. Red grapefruits. Goat dairy ...etc
When I was at the chinese doctor, about 2-3 years ago, he told me that I have weak liver, or maybe "liver fire" or something like that (the doctor is native chinese doctor with a diploma from a Beijing university and large clinic with A LOT of patients). Anyway, his acupuncture 15-20 session did nothing to me. Waste of money and time.
I started this qigong journey to get rid of chronic fatigue once and for all. I will fix the energetics of my body by myself (With help of dr. Yang and with help of people on this forum ;) )
shinobi
Forum User

Postby wpgtaiji » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 am

shinobi wrote:
When I was at the chinese doctor, about 2-3 years ago, he told me that I have weak liver, or maybe "liver fire" or something like that (the doctor is native chinese doctor with a diploma from a Beijing university and large clinic with A LOT of patients). Anyway, his acupuncture 15-20 session did nothing to me. Waste of money and time.
I started this qigong journey to get rid of chronic fatigue once and for all. I will fix the energetics of my body by myself (With help of dr. Yang and with help of people on this forum ;) )

mate, if things aren't right, then the doctors made a mistake (big surprise, as medicine is a guessing game at times).

There is an underlying issue here. You say the TCM is a "waste of money and time", then you want to try qigong to help. Mate, it is the same thing! How on earth can you feel very strongly toward a practice, then, at the same time, look to that practice to help? Subconsciously, you are working against yourself.

TCM is not a miracle cure-all. How do you know it did nothing? You went ONE time? Your energy has been out of balance for years (decades even), and ONE 30 minute session is supposed to put it back to normal for good? mate, your understanding of the process is off a bit. Also, if you have no real understanding of qi flow, how on earth do you know it didn't work? Because you didn't feel anything? Sorry mate, that isnt the criteria.

Now, maybe the doctor was full of it. But please, tell me, why dismiss a system that has been helping people for thousands of years because of one 30 minute session? It doesnt seem like you gave it a real go.

And YES, qigong is part of TCM. Again, subconsciously, you feel that TCM is a waste, so standing must also be a waste. Qigong must also be a waste. Even though, none of that is true, that is what you believe (from your words).

It is very easy to dismiss this, but mate, you are still out of balance. There are people who get crazy results in weeks. What's not working for you? It is my GUESS, that since you are learning qigong on your own (which may be incorrect, as you may have a teacher, but then again, the majority of qigong teachers get results because they take sedentary people and have them move, not actually energy work).

The biggest problem with this format of answering is it is ALL speculation. We can't see what you are doing (no video). I could say i do all the qigongs in existence every day and still no results, but seeing helps a person see what you are actually doing. Maybe you are not doing what you think you are (a VERY common happening in internal arts)? We will never know. We can't see you move.

what i mean is, you have some beliefs that are working against you. You also cannot guarantee that you are doing the qigongs 100% correctly (nor can you say you are doing the correct qigongs for YOUR state) because you dont have a teacher to correct and teach you. If you are serious about qigong to help, you MUST get to a TCM doctor that you can get along with and have them help you understand what is going on and HOW you can correct it. Just stringing qigong together COULD help, but the success rate is low due to the fact that you HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS WRONG!

Get well mate.
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Brian » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:39 pm

wpgtaiji wrote:
shinobi wrote:

TCM is not a miracle cure-all. How do you know it did nothing? You went ONE time? Your energy has been out of balance for years (decades even), and ONE 30 minute session is supposed to put it back to normal for good? mate, your understanding of the process is off a bit.

...... But please, tell me, why dismiss a system that has been helping people for thousands of years because of one 30 minute session? It doesnt seem like you gave it a real go.

Small correction wpgtaiji....read his text carefully and you will see that he attended 15 to 20 SESSIONS with the TCM doctor...NOT 1 30min session!!

So he not 'just dismissing it'....it appears it genuinly didn't work for him...as it also doesn't work for many who try it.
That's all!!
Taiji, QiGong and Meditation
Brian
Forum Specialist

Postby wpgtaiji » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:08 pm

Brian wrote:Small correction wpgtaiji....read his text carefully and you will see that he attended 15 to 20 SESSIONS with the TCM doctor...NOT 1 30min session!!

So he not 'just dismissing it'....it appears it genuinly didn't work for him...as it also doesn't work for many who try it.
That's all!!

THANKS! LOL It really doesnt matter if he went 100000000 times. He doesnt accept that TCM works. That is a HUGE problem as qigong is TCM! So, while he is looking for "help", he could do any qigong he wanted to. IT wouldnt help him because deep down inside his soul, he wont let it work for him.

It is about paradigms mate. It is funny that Chernobyl is in the theatres (or coming soon). The people working in that facility KNEW that there was no way that there could be anything bad ever happen there. THEY KNEW IT! Many walked right through the highest radiation areas (and died horribly) because their paradigm wouldnt let them see the truth. Read Joel Barker's book on paradigms for the complete story (my book is in storage so i am giving just the jist of it).

and the poster is in REAL trouble! He doesnt want western medicine. He doesnt accept eastern. What's left? I hope that faith healer can help, cuz mate, that's all that's left!

sorry i wasnt clear before. This was my original point. I tend to get sidetracked trying to make things clear, which, my wife tells me, just confuses the issue.

And how could it not work for him, yet it has worked for THOUSANDS of years? It does work! It just may not be giving him the results he expected immediately! Remember, he has been out of balance for 20+ years, so his system must be reworked to work properly. Watch Holmes on Homes (sorry, i have been watching that recently). A "simple" kitchen reno takes a month or longer because of all the BS that went into it. The human system is no different. Years of poor eating, moving, thinking, etc caused the situation. 30 sessions of TCM may not be even the beginning if all of what caused the damage doesnt change. I will let that sink in. Most will miss that....
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby pete5770 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:38 pm

shinobi wrote:
pete5770 wrote:

Hi.

Have you tried any other form of excercise? i.e. running, weights, swimming, cycling? Anything other than Qigong or Tai Chi? How about anti-depressants? Your mood has a lot to do with how you feel.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Josh Young » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:45 pm

And how could it not work for him, yet it has worked for THOUSANDS of years? It does work!

It simply does not work for everyone in the same way, sort of like how people vary in lots of ways. Some people have allergies others don't, some foods that many can eat are dangerous to others, garbanzo beans for example.
Weight training works for some but not others. Some special diets work for some but not others. There are many cases like this.

The reasons for chronic fatigue could be any number of things, physiology, psychology, etc.

I know one person who had an issue with something like this and went to over 30 doctors in 5 years and did not get the right diagnosis, he then took his own blood sample and put it under a microscope and found blood parasites (lime disease and a related disease) and took photographs of the parasites in his blood and took the pictures to his doctor, a doctor who had previously said he did not have lime disease, the doctor then did finally diagnose him properly and got him on a treatment program and he has since improved. My point is that it can be very easy for doctors to miss the truth, they are only human. It has nothing to do with the system of medicine they practice.

It is unwise to think any doctor can check everything. Many serious conditions, illnesses and diseases can present without detectable signs, or be extremely difficult to detect without expensive tests and methods that most doctors simply have no exposure to.

As for Chinese medicine working for thousands of years, well that might be an overly simple view. The pills of immortality used in the past were part of traditional Chinese medicinal theory and killed a large amount of people who took them. There is no single method, theory or practice that works 100% of the time, for 100% of the people or for 100% of ailments.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby shinobi » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:12 pm

wpgtaiji wrote:
Brian wrote:Small correction wpgtaiji....read his text carefully and you will see that he attended 15 to 20 SESSIONS with the TCM doctor...NOT 1 30min session!!

That's all!!

THANKS! LOL It really doesnt matter if he went 100000000 times. He doesnt accept that TCM works. That is a HUGE problem as qigong is TCM! So, while he is looking for "help", he could do any qigong he wanted to. IT wouldnt help him because deep down inside his soul, he wont let it work for him.

It is about paradigms mate. It is funny that Chernobyl is in the theatres (or coming soon). The people working in that facility KNEW that there was no way that there could be anything bad ever happen there. THEY KNEW IT! Many walked right through the highest radiation areas (and died horribly) because their paradigm wouldnt let them see the truth. Read Joel Barker's book on paradigms for the complete story (my book is in storage so i am giving just the jist of it).

and the poster is in REAL trouble! He doesnt want western medicine. He doesnt accept eastern. What's left? I hope that faith healer can help, cuz mate, that's all that's left!

sorry i wasnt clear before. This was my original point. I tend to get sidetracked trying to make things clear, which, my wife tells me, just confuses the issue.

And how could it not work for him, yet it has worked for THOUSANDS of years? It does work! It just may not be giving him the results he expected immediately! Remember, he has been out of balance for 20+ years, so his system must be reworked to work properly. Watch Holmes on Homes (sorry, i have been watching that recently). A "simple" kitchen reno takes a month or longer because of all the BS that went into it. The human system is no different. Years of poor eating, moving, thinking, etc caused the situation. 30 sessions of TCM may not be even the beginning if all of what caused the damage doesnt change. I will let that sink in. Most will miss that....

First, I want to thank all the people here for trying to help
me. Thank you for your time and valuable information.

I want to clear things about TCM. I DON'T think TCM (Acupuncture) is bull.... I
did what I could. I took all the sessions doctor told me to. I didn't quit.
I know that qigong and acupuncture both fixing qi stagnation, qi deficit, qi fire...
But I think that there is a HUGE difference (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Qigong is done
EVERY day (or twice a day) FOR LIFE. Acupuncture is done in a series of sessions and
thats it. My personal believe is that qi must be maintained on the daily basis (as we brush our tooth) doing so with acupuncture possible only for millionares.
The second difference in my opinion is that OUR mind is forcing qi to circulate in needed paths. Respiratory system is working very nice during qigong bringing a lot of
oxygen to lower parts of our lungs (those large amounts of oxygen are transffered into qi ? I'm not sure)
Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think that acupancture can balance the existing qi
in the body as qigong can, BUT qigong can also increase the overall
"amount" of qi in body (and reservoirs).
Again, this is just my novice opinion, please feel free to correct me :) Thanks !
shinobi
Forum User

Next

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung