You've all been waithing for this

Discuss Taijiquan or other soft styles. Theory, practice and applications. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga, taiqiman

Re: You've all been waithing for this

Postby pete5770 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:07 am

wpgtaiji wrote:
Your foot placement has nothing to do with the camera. It is off. It is off regardless of what direction and which leg you step with. You are doing it the way Cheng taught, and you are loosing so much energy generation because of it.

It doesnt matter if you learn from another teacher, you do not add to the the way they taught to the form.

Sure, there is a lean, but again, it isnt correct.

I think I'm going to stick with Cheng's way of doing it. Even if the man ONLY studied with Yang Chen Fu for 6 months I'm going to put him and his opinions way above someone from whom I have never even seen footwork and only 2 videos. One of which was some sort of Tai Chi shadow boxing and the other which was proclaimed, by the maker, to be full of errors. And in all honesty I am not a student or studier of Cheng's. It's just a point of reference that I use him as an example. I would consider someone saying that I had footwork like Cheng's to be a compliment.

Where is the rule written, spoken, or otherwise put forth(except by you) that no one may vary from what someone taught them?

As for the "lean", I'll agree that Yang is basically not a leaning style. However, I'm pretty sure that WU stylist's might give you a slight arguement about leaning. And, yes I know that even they don't refer to it as leaning. Unless, of course, Wu style is ALSO completely wrong, which I'm betting is your way of thinking??
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby wpgtaiji » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Wu style isnt wrong. The way YOU do it, yes, but the art, no.

What taiji shadow boxing? You mean the "loose" video? I recall putting that you wouldn't understand it! LOL mate, you are funny! You are so predictable! roflmao! Thanks for the conversation mate. I will leave you to your stuff. I know paradigms are hard to alter, and a forum isnt really the place. I tried to feed you the good "oil", but your ground is saturated. My bad.

:D
wpgtaiji
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Josh Young » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Thanks for sharing the form video.

Do you enjoy doing the form?

I hope so. :D
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby pete5770 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:38 pm

wpgtaiji wrote: Thanks for the conversation mate.

Same here. Later.
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby pete5770 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Josh Young wrote:Thanks for sharing the form video.

Do you enjoy doing the form?

My pleasure.
And yes, mostly I do enjoy it, but like anything, there are those days that just seem a struggle. Why? Did I look to be having a bad day of it? :? Other than it being all wrong? :wink:
pete5770
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Josh Young » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:11 pm

I had no indication that you did or did not enjoy doing it.

My own point of view is that enjoying it is very important. If I had any advice to give someone regarding the practice of a form it would be to enjoy it.

Attitude is everything. :wink:
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby Sanfung » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:27 pm

pete5770, is that your wife speaking on the video? If I can sympathize with you for a moment, my mom says the same sort of things when I'm doing a form at home. She even makes the 'hwaaaaahhhh' sounds. She also sort of gushes about the uniform, so I totally know what it's like to make a video like that, minus the actual video component. :P
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Previous

Return to Taijiquan / Tai Chi Chuan