BOOK: Self-Defense for Women
Availability: In Stock and Ready to Ship—Cart Button
Release Date: September 1, 2016
Somewhere in America right now are four or five women who will be killed tomorrow. They are going about their day, and I know if they were prepared to counter attack in the ways Loren Christensen and Lisa Place teach, they'd have a far better chance of prevailing tomorrow." —Gavin de Becker (from his Foreword), best-selling author of The Gift of Fear
Some “experts” say you should be submissive when attacked at home or by a stranger. You won’t find that advice here, although you might use it as a ruse before you claw your assailant’s eyes and smash his groin. Your ultimate goal is to get away, but you don’t achieve that by being meek and docile. You get away by drawing on that hardwired survival instinct to attack him like an enraged lioness protecting her babies.
In Self-Defense for Women:Fight Back, martial arts experts Loren W. Christensen and Lisa Place teach you to use your hands, forearms, elbows, teeth, knees, and feet to survive the attacks unsuspecting women become the victims of every day. And you will learn that you’re surrounded by a limitless cache of weapons you can use to your advantage against a larger assailant.
- How to recognize and assess a threat
- How to de-escalate a bad situation
- 7 basic defensive techniques any woman can use effectively
- Advanced skills for when you want to know more
- How to identify and use everyday objects as defensive weapons
- What to practice to prepare for a potential confrontation
- How to practice at home, alone, and with a partner
- Why you need to be physically fit and how to make a fitness plan
- How to use fear as a weapon
- The power of your mind and how to harness it for self-defense
If you’re ready to learn to fight back, Loren and Lisa know exactly what you need to survive an attack in your home or on the street.