Book: Taekwondo by Kim, Bok Man
Availability: In Stock and Ready to Ship
Release Date: April 2012
BOOK: Advancing in Tae Kwon Do
Richard Chun, Ph.D.
Taekwondo—Defense Against Weapons
Grandmaster Kim Bok Man is one of the most recognized authorities of taekwondo in the world. He worked tirelessly with General Choi Hong Hi as a founder of taekwondo curricula used today by the many international taekwondo organizations.
Originally published in 1979, this book provides defense techniques taught to military, law enforcement officials, and black belts. Beginners will have a chance to see the application of their training in actual weapon defenses.
Advanced students will learn techniques and fundamental training that has been ‘field’ tested since the inception of the art in the 1950s.
- History and the theory of power
- Defense against weapons: knife, baton, pole, sword, bayonet, and pistol
- Sparring: releases, grabs, throwing, falling, free-sparring
- Patterns: Silla pattern 1, Silla pattern 2, Silla knife pattern, and Silla pole pattern
- Training: stretching, calisthenics, action principles, hand & foot techniques, using a heavy bag
- Body parts for attack & defense, stances, vital points for striking
This book catalogs the essence of the fighting art of taekwondo as it was originally intended.
Grandmaster Kim, Bok Man 11th dan, started his martial arts training in 1941. Grandmaster Kim along with General Choi Hong Hi, worked tirelessly to develop the basic structure upon which present day taekwondo is founded.
Seeing is Believing, Zenpony (Amazon reviewer) May, 2012
…Buy this book, no matter what your present level of practice. It contains information that may save your life if you are ever in a situation where you have to defend yourself against a weapon.