Book: Tai Chi Theory and Martial Power 2nd ed. by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
Availability: In Stock and Ready to Ship
BOOK: Tai Chi Chuan Martial Applications—Advanced Yang Style 2nd ed.
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
A must for advanced students.
Tai Chi Theory & Martial Power is the next level in Tai Chi Chuan training. This book is written especially for those who have learned the form, begun Pushing Hands, and now want to develop and refine their Tai Chi skills.
Tai Chi Theory & Martial Power focuses on the martial essence of Tai Chi Chuan, an aspect many other books ignore. This book explores in depth the subject of Jing (internal martial power), general Tai Chi theory, and the application of Chi in the Tai Chi form. Because Jing training is essential to martial Tai Chi, this work is a valuable reference that no serious practitioner should be without.
- A comprehensive training plan for Jing (power) development.
- Understand the difference between true Jing (internal power) and Li (muscular power).
- Learn how to accumulate Chi and Jing in the Tai Chi postures.
- Discover the essential role your mind plays in Tai Chi and Jing practice.
- Includes a special selection of Tai Chi poems (the place the ancient masters hid their theory), translated and with commentary by Dr. Yang.
Click the Image Below to See the
Master Jou, Tsung Hwa (from his Foreword)
. . .the reader is fortunate to have Dr. Yang for a guide.Dr Yang Takes You Beyond the Basics, Stephen T. Wangner (Amazon reviewer) August, 2000
Dr. Yang has again written a book in keeping with his usual high standards. For students wishing to go beyond the basic Taijiquan form, and learn more advanced levels and techniques of qi flow, the different types of jin, and how to generate them, this book is indispensable. One caveat : as its title suggests, this book is for more advanced students, and assumes that the reader has a foundation in Taijiquan, at least the basics of the form and some basic qigong.