I was never interested in politics, but this does not mean I don't care. I care about our community, our country, our people, and our environment. I care about people's health, their emotions, their suffering, and their loss.
Sometimes I feel helpless because I am limited to what I can do to change the situation no matter how hard I try. This year is a special year with the COVID-19 outbreak. It is a disaster. Usually, when a disaster happens, people come together, help each other to deal with the disaster, but not this time.
The most frustrating thing is that I have never seen the division in this country between people, between government, between races, and between families. Is this what we want? I don't think so. As a holistic doctor and teacher for so many years, one thing I am continually teaching is that negative emotions greatly affect our health and life. This division can only create more negative emotions.
I cannot control the government, but I have a voice. Theoretically, the government works for the people, brings people together, listens to the people, and helps solve the problems that people have. When there is a crisis, the government is the first to make smart decisions to guide people in the right direction.
On the other hand, we, the people, support our government, do the right thing. Sometimes we do need to sacrifice, both government and the people, but this is not what I see this year.
Let's move forward, let the past go, and start our new practice of being together with harmony, peace, teamwork, unity, and compassion. No matter who you are, we eat the same foods, breathe the same air, drink the same water, drive on the same roads, wear the same clothes, do the same housework, and have the same goal of making a living.
We are not much different besides job, income, and race. Having different jobs, incomes, or race should not be the reason to divide us. What if we try to remove "selfish," "greedy," "judgmental" from our lives. If so, we can create unity, and this unity can restore our reputation in the world and give us inner peace.
Learn From Each Other
If we are undivided, we learn from each culture, each language, and learn different ways of doing things. This practice can make us feel good, and feeling good creates positive vibrations that promote healing, well- being, and long time happiness. When we are united, no one can break us.
We can move forward. We can make changes. We can care for each other, and we can show the world that we are a nation able to correct our mistakes. I always feel bad when hearing people from other countries say to me, "What is wrong with the United States?"
Sometimes I feel sad because I felt so good coming to this country in 1989 and never experienced things like are today. Should I go back? No, I have a duty, and I have so much work to do because I want to see things getting better. I believe we can change for the better. We will reverse this situation and rebuild our reputation. We have to work together and work as a team, not in divided groups.
We can have different opinions, which is how we learn from each other. But our goal is the same: create a unity. Put it this way, when one group suffers; it will soon affect other groups. Therefore, we must work together, including US citizens and people from all over the world. Again, we want to learn from different cultures, and we cherish this opportunity.
Ideas to Create Unity
1. Always think about what we can do to create unity.
2. Always think what we can do to protect our environment, reduce pollution, reduce toxins, and re-use or avoid anything harmful to the earth.
3. Say "hi" to anyone you walk by, does not matter if you don't get a "hi" back.
4. Try to make friends from other cultures, other races, learn from their culture, and respect their culture.
5. Don't be afraid of asking for help or provide help. If one person says "no" that does not mean everyone will say "no."
6. Practice "less," practice "simple." This way, we have less to worry about, and more time for learning. Simplifying things helps to clear our mind and make life a lot easier. In addition, you may realize you can live in any situation and never feel "poor."
7. Take care of ourselves on a daily basis, not always point fingers to other people. Focus on positive energy, not negative energy. If we all do this, there will be less and less negative energy. When feeling anger, start to practice slow and deep breathing. This is the foundation of qigong.
8. Moral code should be the basis of human behavior. Without a moral code, you will never be a good person, no matter how much money you acquire.
9. Follow your common sense of what is right and what is wrong. Making the right choices, making the right friends, eating the right foods, and saying the right words. When an epidemic happens, do the right things to avoid being infected, wear a mask, practice social distancing, wash your hands, and avoid joining crowds.
Keep in mind these words: Love, Peace, Harmony, Unity. You will always have a good life.
The above is an original article by Aihan Kuhn, CMD, OBT, co-author of the True Wellness Series, the newest book is True Wellness for Your Gut, Pub Date October 2020, YMAA Publication Center, ISBN:9781594397455