CURRENT STATUS (): All orders and shipments are on time. Please come back daily for updated conditions and helpful recommendations. More
Kung Fu For Kids
by Ben WarnerPopular video for kids, with an easy-to-follow workout, stretching, meditation and more. Based on the popular YMAA kids class by Ben Warner and Nicholas Yang, with a cameo appearance by Dr. Yang. 60 minutes total video. Free download. $4.99 USD in-app purchase.
Skill Level: 1 2 3
Get your kids moving with this fun streaming version of the bestselling kids fitness video for your phone or tablet. This short easy-to-follow workout is great for kids of all ages.
- Stretching, cardio exercise, and calming down all in one.
- Safety precautions to follow when practicing Kung Fu.
- Benefits and purpose of Kung Fu training for Kids.
- Appropriate time and place to use what has been learned.
Kung Fu for Kids is an instructional program that teaches children the basics of traditional Kung Fu in a fun and exciting way. It starts with a simple, follow-along workout that introduces calisthenics and the basic stances, blocks, punches and kicks of the YMAA kids curriculum. It ends with a short cool-down routine to help children improve their balance, breathing, and mental focus.
This video features Ben Warner, who has been a children's instructor since 2001, and several students of varying levels from the YMAA Boston class. Nicholas Yang, the President of YMAA, makes corrections while students demonstrate.
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming makes a cameo appearance explaining the meaning of the Shaolin sun-and-moon greeting.
A detail section is also included with more advanced students demonstrating the techniques in greater detail for refined study.
Later sections offer Training Tips for older students, parents, and teachers, including:
- The discipline and focus achieved through training Kung Fu extends to many other aspects of everyday activities in life, including academics, sports, music, and literature.
- Shaolin kung fu is over 1500 years old and is well-known for building a healthy body, mind, and spirit.