Kung Fu For Kids
by Ben WarnerPopular video for kids, with an easy-to-follow workout, stretching, meditation and more. Based on the popular YMAA kids class by Ben Warner and Nicholas Yang, with a cameo appearance by Dr. Yang. 60 minutes total video. Free sample videos and two IAP (in app purchases) for full length programs.
Skill Level: 1 2 3
Get your kids moving with this fun streaming version of the bestselling kids fitness video for your phone or tablet. This short easy-to-follow workout is great for kids of all ages.
- Stretching, cardio exercise, and calming down all in one.
- Safety precautions to follow when practicing Kung Fu.
- Benefits and purpose of Kung Fu training for Kids.
- Appropriate time and place to use what has been learned.
Kung Fu for Kids is an instructional program that teaches children the basics of traditional Kung Fu in a fun and exciting way. It starts with a simple, follow-along workout that introduces calisthenics and the basic stances, blocks, punches and kicks of the YMAA kids curriculum. It ends with a short cool-down routine to help children improve their balance, breathing, and mental focus.
This video features Ben Warner, who has been a children's instructor since 2001, and several students of varying levels from the YMAA Boston class. Nicholas Yang, the President of YMAA, makes corrections while students demonstrate.
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming makes a cameo appearance explaining the meaning of the Shaolin sun-and-moon greeting.
A detail section is also included with more advanced students demonstrating the techniques in greater detail for refined study.
Later sections offer Training Tips for older students, parents, and teachers, including:
- The discipline and focus achieved through training Kung Fu extends to many other aspects of everyday activities in life, including academics, sports, music, and literature.
- Shaolin kung fu is over 1500 years old and is well-known for building a healthy body, mind, and spirit.