Chief Instructor of the US Israeli Krav Maga Association (Gidon System).
Trained all five branches of the U.S. military, the Royal Marines, the Italian Marines.
Trains federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.
Trained the Academy instructors of the FBI, DEA, New Jersey State Police, Pennsylvania State Police, Philadelphia Police, NYNJ Port Authority.
Certified instructor by the State of New Jersey Police Training Commission and MPOETC.
Trained NFL players in DK Krav Maga Football Combatives.
David Kahn serves as the Israeli Krav Maga Association's U.S. Chief Instructor and teaches federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies along with all branches of the U.S. military. David is the only American ever to sit on the non-profit Israeli Krav Maga Association's board of directors. David is also a certified instructor through the New Jersey Police Training Commission and Mercer County Police Academy and also teaches at the New Jersey State Police Academy.
David received his advanced blackbelt teaching certifications from Grandmaster Haim Gidon of the Israeli Krav Maga Association. David has authored five books, Krav Maga (St. Martins 2004), Advanced Krav Maga (St. Martins 2008), Krav Maga—Weapon Defenses (YMAA, 2012), Krav Maga—Professional Tactics (YMAA 2016), and Krav Maga Defense -- How to Defend Yourself Against the 12 Most Common Unarmed Street Attacks (St. Martins 2016) along the Mastering Krav Maga DVD series. David has also been featured in more than two dozen national publications.
David graduated from Princeton University cum laude and received his juris doctor from the University of Miami School of Law. David travelled to South Africa to conduct his original research for his senior thesis, South Africa and the American Civil War under the guidance of Pulitzer Prize Winning Historian James McPherson. Professionally, David is a principal in a technology holding company, Princeton Technology Partners LLC. David lives in New Jersey with his wife Claire, whom he has known since their nursery school class together and their sons Benjamin and Leo.
- Fighting Range Strategies , November 15, 2021
- Anatomical Targeting Strategy: Works for Both the Attacker and Defender , October 11, 2021
- Understanding Physiological Reaction to Threats and Violent Conflict, July 12, 2021
- Push Defense: Police Hold Number Eight, June 28, 2021
- Handling Aggressive People , May 31, 2021
- Krav Maga: Lower Back Combatives, March 29, 2021
- Takedowns and Throws, February 3, 2020
- Not All Krav Maga is the Same, October 21, 2019
- Krav Maga: Developing Power and Balance for Maximum Effect, September 16, 2019
- Krav Maga Control and Disengagement Strategies for Social Violence, July 8, 2019
- The Legality of Protecting Yourself with a Martial Art, June 1, 2019
- Defending Against Multiple Assailants Part 2, July 25, 2016
- Defending Against Multiple Assailants—Part 1, July 18, 2016
- Optimizing Force Using Krav Maga, April 12, 2016
- The Krav Maga Advantage, March 29, 2016
- Some Krav Maga Guidelines, February 22, 2016
- Krav Maga's Training Philosophy, January 25, 2016
- Kravist Weapon Defense Drills, September 26, 2013
- Hand Defenses Against Edged Weapons, August 27, 2012
- Krav Maga: Defenses Against Hot Weapons, July 9, 2012
- Krav Maga: Leg Defenses Against Edged-Weapon Attacks, June 18, 2012
2021: The Art of Manliness, David Kahn How to Look Behind You (Without Looking Behind You)
2021: The Art of Manliness, David Kahn How to Defend Yourself Against Two Assailants in a Stairway
2021: Safest Family on the Block, Jason Brick Krav Maga for Protector Parents with David Kahn (Safest Family on the Block S5E8)
2021: Police1, David Kahn and Sgt. (Ret.) Mick McComb De-escalate yourself first and then de-escalate others
2020: Martial Arts & Life Podcast, Kris Wilder David Kahn & Krav Maga
2020: Police Law Enforcement Solutions, David Kahn Front Waistband Disarming with Police Krav Maga
2020: Police Law Enforcement Solutions, David Kahn Rear Waistband Disarming with Police Krav Maga