Kickboxing, has three decades of experience involving every aspect of the martial arts. He began boxing in high school in 1966 and began training in the martial arts in 1969. Frank taught karate at the University of Southern Maine in 1970 and at the University of Kabul in Afghanistan in 1973 as a Peace Corps Volunteer. Later, from 1974-76, Frank studied Taekwondo while serving another two years in the Peace Corps in South Korea.
Frank received his 2nd degree black belt in ShotoKan Karate in September 1975 and his 4th degree black belt in Taekwondo in April 1978. Frank became involved in Full Contact Karate (American style kickboxing) in 1979 as a trainer, cornerman, and manager of amateur and professional kickboxers. In fact, he managed the entire career of three-time world champion, Danny Melendez. He is a certified "A" rated judge by the Professional Karate Association.
Frank currently resides in Cumberland Foreside, Maine.
Following are additional highpoints in Frank's career:
- Incorporated Sport Karate, Inc., 5/84.
- Began promoting professional kickboxing events,1985.
- Initiated a bill which became law for the State of Maine to regulate kickboxing by the Maine Athletic Commission, 7/86.
- Appointed ISKA (International Sport Karate Association) northeast regional representative, 6/90.
- Promoted eight title fights televised by FNN/Score, ESPN, and SportsChannel America.
- Opened the first Cardio Kickboxing" Studio to offer "fitness kickboxing" workouts to the general public, 10/92.
- Began developing the Cardio Kickboxing" Certification Program, 1996.
- Instructor certification program included in Ringside and Century Martial Arts catalogs, 9/99.
Other Awards and Accomplishments:
- Invited by the ShanXi Tackunobo Association to organize a first-ever five-man U.S. Team of San Shou style fighters to compete against teams from China and Japan in TaiYuan City, ShanXi Province, People's Republic of China.
- June 1998, named the Kickboxing Instructor of the Year for 1997 and was inducted into the WKU (World Karate Union) Hall of Fame.
- Produced the TKO Boxing Workout video for the TKO Sports Group, 7/98.
Books by the Author
Cardio Kickboxing Elite