Master Helen Liang, the eldest daughter of Grandmaster Liang, Shou-Yu, began training in traditional Wushu at the age of 4 under the strict guidance of her father. At the age of 11, she was chosen to train with Sichuan Provincial Wushu School. In 1985, she immigrated to Canada and became an official instructor at the Shou-Yu Liang Wushu institute in 1989.
During her years of training, she has participated in many national and international competitions and has won a great number of gold medals. She has been featured in many magazines and TV programs including Chinese Central Television(CCTV), Shanghai and Sichuan Provincial television in China, Cathay television in Canada, national pay-per-view features in the US, CBC and Channel M in Canada, as well as several newspapers and magazines in China, US, and Canada.
She is vice-president of the Shou-Yu Liang Wushu Institute, and author of several videos. Master Helen Liang lives and teaches in Vancouver, Canada.
- Water Style for Beginners (Liu He Ba Fa) Part 2, July 1, 2019
- Water Style for Beginners (Liu He Ba Fa) Part 1, June 24, 2019
- Helen Liang's Triumph Over Tragedy: Healing Cancer with Tai Chi, Qigong, and Chinese Medicine Part 2, June 20, 2017
- Helen Liang's Triumph Over Tragedy: Healing Cancer with Tai Chi, Qigong, and Chinese Medicine Part 1, June 12, 2017
- Tai Chi for Women, November 18, 2016
- Tai Chi 48-Form Movements, February 29, 2016
- Tai Chi 24-Form Movements, February 19, 2016
- Discover the Tai Chi 48 Form, February 1, 2016
- Discover the Tai Chi 24 Form, October 19, 2015
2007: Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine, Gene Ching, Generations: Grandmaster Shou-Yu Liang and His Daughter Helen
2007: Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine, Wen-Ching Wu, In The Blink of an Eye: Commemorating the 20th Anniversary of the International Wushu Sanshou Dao Association and Shouyu Liang Wushu Taiji
2003: Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine, Martha Burr, Opening & Closing the Gates of Heaven: Helen Liang - Triumph over Tragedy; Battling Lymphoma;with Qigong, Tai Chi & Chinese Medicine