The Fighter's Body: The Martial Artist's Solution to Diet, Strength, and Health
Only 2 unit(s) left.
Only 2 units left.
You have an owner’s manual for your car, your stereo, and even your blender, so why not your body? The Fighter’s Body is exactly that—an owner’s manual for your most complex piece of equipment.
As a martial artist, you make special demands of your body. Have you ever wondered how that latest fad diet might affect your performance on the mat? Ever wanted to take off a few extra pounds? How about putting on muscle without slowing down? Making weight for a tournament? Losing five pounds fast? Eating better? Changing weight classes? Are you confused about supplements, vitamins, and protein shakes? Don’t know where to start? Start here.
This book will answer your questions about important topics including:
- Why some diets are harmful for martial artists
- How to calculate your protein needs for training
- When and how to use supplements
- How to eat at fast food places and not ruin your diet
- Why it’s OK to splurge on “dirt day”
- How to safely make weight for a tournament
- Why HIIT training is essential to weight loss
- What to eat on competition days
- How to create a plan that works and stick to it
Loren W. Christensen and personal trainer Wim Demeere combine their knowledge of martial arts, weight training, nutrition, diet, and exercise to answer your questions and put you on the road to becoming the best martial arts athlete you can be.