Krav Maga—Weapon Defenses
by David KahnA holistic approach to teaching, incorporating theory and communication techniques often overlooked in budo. Martial arts instructors will improve their abilities to motivate, educate, and retain students, develop a foundation to facilitate learning.
Israeli Krav Maga is the Israel Defense Force's official self-defense system. The system is simple, instinctive, adaptable, and if necessary, brutally effective to thwart a life threatening assault. This book presents the most up-to-date and effective techniques to prevail against armed threats and attacks.
Many of these updated defenses have never been seen before. Grandmaster Haim Gidon has improved and evolved this material with the late krav maga founder Imi Lichtenfeld's formal approval.
- Weapon awareness training; functionality, range, and deployment
- Dominant control holds over a stunned assailant
- Edged weapon defenses
- Impact weapon defenses
- Handgun defenses
- Rifle defenses
- Defending against weapons while on the ground
- Defending against continuous attacks
- Non-conventional weapon threats
- First-party hostage situations
- Kravist weapon defense drills
Regardless of strength, size, age, or gender, you can learn krav maga techniques to fend off an armed attacker.