The Root of Chinese Qigong—Secrets for Health, Longevity, and Enlightenment 3rd ed
Printing: Black and White
An in-depth introduction to the principles and theories of Qìgōng practice
The Root of Chinese Qìgōng is organized into four parts:
- What Qìgōng is and its different categories
- What the keys to practice are and how to properly proceed
- How Qì circulates in the body
- Unanswered questions about Qìgōng
Dr. Yáng, Jwìng-Mǐng is world-renowned for helping readers understand Qìgōng theories deeply and clearly. He presents ancient Qìgōng concepts in a logical way for the Western mind, which helps practitioners stay on the right path while deepening their knowledge and skills.
In this book, Dr. Yáng teaches sitting and standing meditation, demonstrates Qì massage techniques, and examines the body’s Qì pathways. He explains correct breathing methods, shares secrets for quieting the mind, and discusses how to increase your body's Qì supply.
- Qìgōng’s history
- Basic concepts of Qìgōng
- Qì and the human body
- The five categories of Qìgōng
- Regulating body, breath, and mind
- Regulating your essence, Qì, and spirit
- Key points for improving practice
- A detailed look at Qì channels and vessels in the body
Whatever style of Qìgōng you may practice, making sense of Qìgōng theory and principles is the best way to achieve your goals.
This 3rd edition includes pinyin tonal marks for pronunciation, modern Chinese fonts, and illustration enhancements.
------ - ------ - ------