Taijiquan Theory of Dr Yang 2nd ed: The Root of Taijiquan
Printing: Black and White
Profound - In Depth - Taijiquan Theory
In the last seven centuries, many songs and poems have been composed about Taijiquan. These have played a major role in preserving the knowledge and wisdom of the masters, although in many cases, the identity of the authors and the dates of origin have been lost.
As lifelong pursuit, Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming has translated many of these documents and according to him, believes many are incomplete for reasons relating to: forgotten oral secrets, the original authors personal understanding being too narrowly focused, and many documents that have gone missing could help unify Taijiquan theory.
In response, his book Taijiquan Theory of Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is an attempt to join the various theories on Taijiquan in one complete text.
This book is structured with treaties, songs, and poems, followed by the original Chinese text and interpretations of the passages.
- Regulating the body, breath, mind, Qi & spirit
- Analysis of Jin, pushing hands and sparring
- Taijiquan’s long range and short range fighting strategies
- The relationship of Jin and Qi
- The unification of the internal Qi and external physical manifestations of Qi
"Based upon my personal background and understanding, I have tried my best to compile the Taijiquan Theory and practice concepts in this book. I have attempted to make this effort as complete as possible”. —Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
This second edition includes
- Updated pīnyīn that includes diacritical tonal marks (for proper pronunciation of Chinese words).
- Updated Chinese text character font (providing better readability).
------ - ------ - ------