Timing in the Fighting Arts: How to Win a Fight with Speed, Power, and Technique
Only 4 unit(s) left.
Only 4 units left.
What if there were a secret ingredient that could make every one of your martial arts techniques better? Not only faster and more powerful, but more likely to slam home to exactly the right target every time? Maybe there is.
Timing is the art and science of ending a confrontation as quickly and efficiently as possible. In Timing for the Fighting Arts, authors Loren W. Christensen and Wim Demeere team up to teach you exactly how to get every last ounce of speed and power out of your techniques.
Whether you want to feel safer on the street or emerge from the ring victorious, this book is packed with inside information essential to defeating your opponent.
- Why many experts say timing is more important than speed
- How to put the OODA loop and Hick’s law to work for you
- Why timing is both an offensive and a defensive asset
- Which types of verbal distraction can give you an edge
- Why controlling your opponent’s spine gives you an advantage
- Which tournament techniques really work on the street
- How to set up multiple opponents to create timing opportunities
- Which tricks law enforcement officers rely on to buy time
- How you can improve your odds against a gun or knife
You will find drills and practice scenarios to help you develop every one of these concepts. Go beyond theory and put your new knowledge to work in the ring or on the street, where you need it most.