Winning Fights: 12 Proven Principles for Winning on the Street, in the Ring, at Life
Winning Fights focuses on 2,500 years of proven fighting principles originating from Eastern concepts and proceeding to the modern era. This book is for pugilists seeking an edge in competition as well as soldiers and law enforcement officers facing conflict. Like The Art of War and The Book of Five Rings, however, many of its lessons also apply to the world of business and negotiation.
Dr. Stephens looked beyond the technical to the conceptual and found that winning fights requires twelve core principles: preparation, awareness, commitment, lethality, efficiency, discipline, power, focus, fierceness, surprise, timing, and fortitude.
This book features
- Twelve principles for winning fights
- A survey of Eastern and Western traditions
- An intelligent yet accessible discussion of these concepts
With this book you will
- Learn to see beyond fighting tactics, which change, to fighting principles, which endure
- See your training in powerful new ways
“Winning Fights is based on principles, not techniques,” Dr. Stephens writes. “Technique is important, but techniques change, adapt, and evolve. Principles are timeless.”