Defensive Tactics and Pain Resistance Bundle
by Loren W. ChristensenWhether you are a law enforcement officer seeking to improve your edge or a martial artist wanting to expand your knowledge of street-proven techniques, you will find Defensive Tactics: Street-Proven Arrest and Control Techniques is filled with invaluable information to prepare you for even the most difficult scenarios. In Fighting the Pain Resistant Attacker, Loren W Christensen teaches you methods for upping the ante when the usual skills won't work.
Skill Level: 1 2 3
Book: Defensive Tactics—Modern Arrest and Control Techniques for Today's Police Warrior by Loren W. Christensen
Whether you are a law enforcement officer seeking to improve your edge or a martial artist wanting to expand your knowledge of street-proven techniques, you will find Defensive Tactics: Street-Proven Arrest and Control Techniques is filled with invaluable information to prepare you for even the most difficult scenarios.
- Joint manipulation that works
- Leverage control vs. pain control
- Striking with the hands, feet, forearms, and elbows
- Safely and quickly crossing the gap
- Blocking an assailant’s strikes
- Using vulnerable points to gain compliance
- Head disorientation
- Safe application of carotid constriction or “sleeper” holds
- Controlling a suspect on the ground
- Arresting big guys
- Fighting concepts to take on patrol
- Weapon retention in close quarters and on the ground
Loren W. Christensen is a retired cop and high-ranking martial artist who survived everything the mean streets threw at him, working patrol, gang enforcement, and dignitary protection. Defensive Tactics goes beyond what is taught in the academy, during an officer’s in-service training, and what is allowed by the administration.
This book also includes a chapter on proven ways to control a suspect on the ground, written by LAPD officer Mark Mireles, an MMA coach, police academy trainer, and champion wrestler.
Book: Fighting the Pain-Resistant Attacker—Step-by-Step Survival Techniques by Loren W. Christensen
There is a truth in the world of hand-to-hand combat that too many martial artists aren’t aware of or refuse to believe. Every time you discover a sure technique, one that makes all your training partners groan and writhe in agony, there exists out there in the mean streets a host of people who won’t feel it. People like these:
- Attackers with large muscle bulk or large fat bulk
- Attackers intoxicated on alcohol
- Attackers under the influence of drugs
- Attackers out of control with rage
- Attackers who are mentally deranged
- Attackers who feel pain but like it
Loren W. Christensen draws on decades of martial arts training and law enforcement experience, giving you techniques to survive the worst-case scenario.
This book isn’t about working out with a training partner. It’s about surviving a desperate street attack against a nightmare adversary who doesn’t acknowledge what you thought was your best shot.