Tai Chi Starter Bundle
by Dr. Yang, Jwing-MingLearning traditional tai chi chuan (taijiquan) requires patience, perseverance, and a plan. With this carefully assembled bundle by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming, you can be assured that you have a well developed plan for success to begin your traditional tai chi journey. The tai chi path is filled with rewards large and small, each following a challenge won. Coordination, concentration, balance, relaxation, to name a few. Within weeks small rewards begin, in months dramatic changes take root, over years, tai chi practitioners become closer with the nature of all things. Oneness with nature is the ultimate goal of tai chi. Becoming stronger, healthier, wiser, and more understanding are just some of the rewards along the way. Bundle contains 2 books and 3 DVDs.
Skill Level: 1 2 3
Book: Tai Chi Chuan Classical Yang Style by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
This book is your printed guide to learn Taijiquan properly. It offers a general plan for practicing Taijiquan, and then goes into great depth to present enough content for proper learning:
You will learn:
- What Taijiquan is
- How to practice
- The history of Taijiquan
- Taijiquan postures
- About Qi, Qigong, and man
- Fundamental stances
- Categories of Qigong
- Warm-up and get loose exercises
- Taiji qigong
- Qigong training theory
- Qigong and Taijiquan
- Taijiquan thirteen postures (eight doors and five stepping)
- The traditional Yang Style Taijiquan Long Form step-by-step
This REVISED EDITION has a new easy-to-follow layout, each movement presented in a series of large photographs with clear same-page instructions for each Taiji posture. This book is sure to advance your practice and save you much time and energy.
DVD: Yang Tai Chi for Beginners by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
Master Yang instructs the complete Tai Chi form from the front, and shows each movement one-by-one from multiple angles. There is also a rear view of the form that you can simply follow-along with once you're familiar with the movements.
Tai Chi will develop your mind's alertness, awareness, and concentration. Most importantly, as you practice, pay attention to the feeling within the movements, so you may appreciate the profound essence of Tai Chi Chuan.
- Front and rear view to follow along easily.
- A 1-on-1 class with a real Master.
- Bestselling Tai Chi DVD with amazing detail.
- Learn the form step-by-step
- Low-impact movements; good for all fitness levels
- Every movement explained in detail
Book: Tai Chi Qigong by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
The essence of Tai Chi (taiji) contains special qigong movements. In this book every qigong movement is presented in 2-4 large photographs with clear instructions, followed by a discussion of how the movements aid in improving Tai Chi practice.
Tai chi chuan is an internal martial art that uses soft/round movements to redirect an opponent's incoming force.
Qigong exercises are an internal method of increasing and circulating your body's energy (qi).
This book teaches tai chi qigong exercises that are useful for improving your tai chi skills and overall health.
Here are a few ways that you will use tai chi qigong to reach new levels of skill and ability.
- To feel qi
- To regulate body, breathing, and intention
- To learn how to use intention to lead qi
- To learn how to circulate qi
- To learn how to expand qi
- To learn how to use qi to energize muscles
- Accelerates the health benefits of tai chi
DVD: Tai Chi Qigong by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
This DVD is your companion to the book "Tai Chi Qigong". In this program, Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming teaches the purpose and methods of Tai Chi Qigong, and demonstrates more techniques than are shown in the book, including:
- Loosening, Rotating, Coiling, and Wrist Settling Warm Up Exercises
- Wai Dan (External Elixir) Standing Still Meditation
- Stationary Tai Chi Qigong: Primary, Coiling, and Rocking Sets
- The rare Walking Tai Chi Qigong set
In addition, regular Qigong practice accelerates the health benefits of Tai Chi. You'll enjoy reduced stress, a stronger immune system, and a deeper awareness of breath and body coordination. This authoritative guide can be used with any style of Tai Chi Chuan, and it is a great way for anyone to energize the body, raise the spirit, and deepen your understanding of your practice and your health.
DVD: Tai Chi Chuan Classical Yang Style by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
This DVD is where everything comes together. Not only an instructional DVD, but a living document designed to preserve a cultural tradition from the original Yang Style lineage. This Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) program offers enough content to build a solid foundation for a lifetime of practice.
This bestselling DVD pushes the boundaries of what the DVD format is capable of, and offers multiple audio streams, many subtitle languages, and 4 hours of video content.
Comprehensive program includes:
- Fundamental Stances
- A Breakdown of the Thirteen Postures
- Taiji Qigong - Stationary and Moving
- 108 Yang Style Taijiquan Form
- Instructions on Breathing
- Taijiquan Theory Lecture by Dr. Yang
- Introduction to Fa Jin (Emitting Power)
- Demonstration of the 108 Form